Decoding the Saints Row 3 mesh format.

is there any plans for skeleton and weights?
I already have rig import and partial weights, but unfortunately I run into crashes when skinning the character to the rig. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I haven't given it much time yet, so I will be looking at that when the scripts are a bit more optimized

I already have rig import and partial weights, but unfortunately I run into crashes when skinning the character to the rig. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I haven't given it much time yet, so I will be looking at that when the scripts are a bit more optimized
ah, okay, glad to hear that — hope you could take a time to look into it to resolve all the issues. SR3-4 has some unique model design which I'd like to play with and make some mods. Waited it for ages.

We are in luck! For the heads I have investigated so far, one of the vertices for the eyes is always the same index. That means I was able to determine where the morph should end up and from there I could calculate the scale values needed for the morph file to start working! So now we have automatic high head model import! yeay! I still wonder where the scales can be found without my dirty trick, because this won't work on morph files that are used for other items such as clothing and accessories I'm afraid...
The screen below shows the LOD head and the HIGH head on top of each other. They fit perfectly :)

2017-08-29_20h44_42.png

From now on I will focus on cleaning up the script and making it more robust. Also I would like to be able to import ALL models without issues, so that will be the focus for the coming time. After that I will try to get that white hair to have the right color. Hopefully I don't have to go all the way into the shaders for that... I'm hoping there is a diffuse color in the matlib_pc file somewhere. After that I will focus on getting the rig files to work. I can already import them, but I am running into an issue where max crashes upon skinning the rig with the model. But all in good time... ;)
Does Maxscript do rig ? what I want to say is, does the model have scaffolding?

and can we download this MaxScript file?

I will upload the scripts when I made them a bit more robust. Some parts are now quickly made with the sole purpose of quick testing, so you wouldn't be able to use it yet. I hope to make a little headway soon, so stay tuned. (Holiday got me out of the project for a while)

I will upload the scripts when I made them a bit more robust. Some parts are now quickly made with the sole purpose of quick testing, so you wouldn't be able to use it yet. I hope to make a little headway soon, so stay tuned. (Holiday got me out of the project for a while)
I will be waiting. good luck

How do you mod world objects (ex. mod a crib)? I know where the files are but I can't open them. I use Mesh Viewer to open ccmesh. It has an option to open clmesh but it doesn't work. Also I don't have much experience with modding so I've read as much as I can about modding Saints Row. So far I haven't seen anything about modding buildings or clutter.

We are in luck! For the heads I have investigated so far, one of the vertices for the eyes is always the same index. That means I was able to determine where the morph should end up and from there I could calculate the scale values needed for the morph file to start working! So now we have automatic high head model import! yeay! I still wonder where the scales can be found without my dirty trick, because this won't work on morph files that are used for other items such as clothing and accessories I'm afraid...
The screen below shows the LOD head and the HIGH head on top of each other. They fit perfectly :)

2017-08-29_20h44_42.png

From now on I will focus on cleaning up the script and making it more robust. Also I would like to be able to import ALL models without issues, so that will be the focus for the coming time. After that I will try to get that white hair to have the right color. Hopefully I don't have to go all the way into the shaders for that... I'm hoping there is a diffuse color in the matlib_pc file somewhere. After that I will focus on getting the rig files to work. I can already import them, but I am running into an issue where max crashes upon skinning the rig with the model. But all in good time.hi.. ;)
hi, do you mind to share the updated script with auto scale?

Back