My Steelport on saintsrow.com dies on 31/01/2018

M

Minimaul

https://twitter.com/SaintsRow/status/943437638509518849 has the nasty:
Update on My Steelport. The service is being retired from January 31st as we focus on preparing for the future. Read more: http://bit.ly/2BRcQeQ

We've got a plan for this, and I'll be releasing a tool shortly that will let you download your own characters from the site :)

Edit: You can now use the tool from https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...m-my-steelport-character-download-tool.15884/ to download your characters. The files it produces can't be used (yet), but something is coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Minimaul. (Haven't signed in for a long time, due to computer problems and mobile device incompatibility.)

I know the tool might be for PC exclusively, but will there be a means for downloading characters on console still? I can't afford a computer due to having next to no money these days (which really sucks), and I'm using my console to make characters with stories behind them, which helps emulate a story I'm remaking.

Hi, Minimaul. (Haven't signed in for a long time, due to computer problems and mobile device incompatibility.)

I know the tool might be for PC exclusively, but will there be a means for downloading characters on console still? I can't afford a computer due to having next to no money these days (which really sucks), and I'm using my console to make characters with stories behind them, which helps emulate a story I'm remaking.
No, I can't download console characters, sorry.

To connect to the API as a PS3 or a 360 you need a PSN or Xbox Live auth ticket respectively, and I can't generate those.

Edit: this same limitation stops you from impersonating the service on PS3 - it requires a valid PSN ticket in the response back to the game. On 360 you can't anyway because it all gets tunnelled via LIVE.

No, I can't download console characters, sorry.

To connect to the API as a PS3 or a 360 you need a PSN or Xbox Live auth ticket respectively, and I can't generate those.

Well that sucks, but thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

I'd use Saints Row IV: Relected for it, but it only has four slots, which seems severely limited in my opinion. But hopefully I can afford a decent PC for that in the future. I missed interacting with you guys.

But what happens to Saintsrow.com as a whole? Does it remain as it is?

Can't believe it's been over two years since the re-launch already, huh. Quite a bummer it all slowly dies out but I see the point, barely anyone uses it by now. Even I don't play Saints Row much nowadays, I only launch it to check new stuff on Workshop every once in a while.

Guess it's time for me to say goodbye too, anyway. I might finish remaining updates for my Workshop projects (Crib Mod, SupperHawt Pack) and Things To Do In Dominatrix sometime but other than that, I won't be starting anything new, I'm pretty much done with Saints Row at this point. It's been great, I have lots of good memories here, this forum played a big role in my life. I can't keep doing it anymore, though, I have to move on. I'll see you around, guys.

Can't believe it's been over two years since the re-launch already, huh. Quite a bummer it all slowly dies out but I see the point, barely anyone uses it by now. Even I don't play Saints Row much nowadays, I only launch it to check new mods every once in a while.

Guess it's time for me to say goodbye too, anyway. I might finish remaining updates for my Workshop projects (Crib Mod, SupperHawt Pack) and Things To Do In Dominatrix sometime but other than that, I won't be starting anything new, I'm pretty much done with Saints Row at this point. It's been great, I have lots of good memories here, this forum played a big role in my life. I can't keep doing it anymore, though, I have to move on. I'll see you around, guys.

I enjoyed your projects. Thanks for the contribution. This is a wonderful community, after all.

Is there any insight on a way this tool will work? Do we export it directly from the save full? Will "Character Gallery" still be functional? Oh, and will it let us share our character through workshop?

I didn't even know I had some characters there
lol.png

in my opinion had to bring a look but smooth from the website of saints row the producers abandoned everything after agents of mayhem, still prefer saints row. game from the first saints row.

Back