Over 12 HOURS wasted!

Over 12 HOURS wasted!

Saints Row 4 has done one of its spontaneous “Won't work now” things!

(The crash after the 3 intro movie version, this time!)

I thought what the hell, I have a couple of free hours, let us see if I can find a solution!

12 hours later I have nothing to show for IT!

I tried every possible solution, I have reinstalled different variations almost constantly ALL DAY!

Along with a Load of File Verifications!

All the compatibility modes (more than once each)

Yes I did all the Direct X stuff

I DId everything short of waving a goat Skull over a Black Candle!

Steam won't comment because they “Did not make the game”
and Deep Silver Customer Service is £1 a min (So they actually make money from you having a legitimate complaint!), <Though Email is free I doubt they will answer)

I actually thought of paying £14 for the Big Bundle edition thing (even though I already have all the exp packs) just on the off chance it was a slightly different more compatible code somewhere in it! (though I resisted in the end!)

I am VERY
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
1x1.gif
(&(*&* off!

(My own fault for getting stubborn!)

I can promise you I have tried everything I found from over 15 different theories (all different with the word “Solved” in the title!)

My advice to any of you in the same boat is simply “Give Up”, It's a good game BUT no game is good enough to be worth THIS much grief!

I will probably spontaneously start working again If I ever try again in a few days anyway!

(Please excuse terrible spelling, but now my brain has gone Numb)

NOTE Win 10 – 64 bit , 32 RAM, Nvidia 980 Ti, And an AMD 8 thread 4 GHz processor

SR4 Though I did find a solution, Erase ALL save file on the computer! (In Steam User file ) And Turn OFF cloud from STEAM (Yes it is a steam version). Then it worked! Please spread the word!

SR4 Though I did find a solution, Erase ALL save file on the computer! (In Steam User file ) And Turn OFF cloud from STEAM (Yes it is a steam version). Then it worked! Please spread the word!
Yes, it's true. If your SAVE files are corrupted somehow, you can't simply delete them from your computer, or Steam will put them back. The only way is to go offline.

I actually talked about this same problem in this post:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/crashes-on-start-up-after-update.15063/#post-96202

Back