Realism for the serious people.

Would you actually wan't this modification if you could have it?

• Yes, because it's nice to have the option to switch between fun and realistic

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No, because I'll never use it anyways.

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Haven't you all sat down and thought to yourself; "Damn, that's just not realistic that you can take 107 shots to your upper body and then run away and regenerate all of your HP!" well, here's my little idea for you guys out there who feels like I do.
___________________________________________________________________- Regeneration that only heals about 25% of your total HP, and increases the time that it takes to actually start recovering and time for the actual recovering of HP

-Decreasing health by alot, and removing the extra health perk.

-Increasing damage taken by explosions, like a 10x threshould than there is at the moment, since you can take like 20 grenades in a row without dying.

- Use the hit animation from unarmed when player get's hit by a projectile, since you'd stagger in real life not just stand there and look around like you didn't give a flying f&#!

-Increase damage taken from moving objects like cars and others.

-Increase damage taken when crashing in a car.

- Slowing the player down when he's injured, if he's on 25% he should be unable to sprint (Optional)

And where should you toggle this mod on and off in? Perhaps create a new diffculty called 'Realistic'.
Now this is just what I feel Saint's Row: The Third is missing, the option to actually play the game a bit less godmode-ish, and hopefully somebody will make a more realistic HUD and more realistic blood effects, since I dislike the current ones alot :confused:

Don't belive me when I say you're having too much HP and such? Check out this video, it might just change your mind!:

if you're a modder and you seriously consider creating this realistic mod that I bet a dozen of people is dying to get their gaming hands on, please contact me if you have any further questions or doubts.

That's because you don't realise the realism already present, you can customize so many things and alter the way the game is supposed to be played. That's what a sandbox game is all about, so you could create your own alternative way of playing such games. And therefore a modification could be the solution for those fellas out there who actually enjoy challenges, instead of plumbing through waves of zombies with just a handgun. I like extreme survival, I like the adrenaline rush when you need to actually fight for your lives against zombies, not just pound their face in with a giant purple dildo in 1 shot.

I can understand your pov (many times i use nohud cheat to make things more challenging) but i think realism has no meaning in sr3 because of the game's mechanics.

That's what I intend to change; make somebody change the mechanics in the game itself. Because I like the story, I like the enviroment, I like the choices you can do throughout the game, I love the endless customization possibilities, but hell - do I hate the unrealistic part, yeah I do. I wan't somebody to change that! :/

I'm not expert but i think volition made sr3 not-very-modding-friendly so is it probably impossible to do what your'e proposing.

Nothing is impossible my friend, as long as you have a computer and a brain you can do all you desire.

Wauw, you really suit your name, Shitface. No, because I like the way SR3 is, I like the unlimited customization, I like the story, I like about everything, except the unrealistic parts.

Back