Terms of Service and Rules
PART I: Forum Rules
- Don't be a dick.
- No piracy - including DLC piracy. This is a permaban on first offense.
- No console modding - All mods and discussion on this site are only for the PC version of Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV - not the console version. Discussing the console version itself is allowed but we do not allow chat about modding it in any way.
- Be respectful and mindful of other modder's work and get the original creator's permission before you upload their mod or a changed version of their mod. If you can't contact the original mod creator, ask the Saints Row Mods staff - that's me or anyone marked as an Administrator or Moderator.
- If you have a problem with the content of another member's post then simply use the Report link instead of backseat moderation.
- I thought this was obvious, but anyway: if you've been banned for any reason (even if it's only a temporary ban), DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT TO CIRCUMVENT YOUR BAN. Any ban that you attempt to circumvent in this way will result in all of your accounts being permanently banned.
- Do not create multiple accounts. If you want to change your username, please PM me.
- Sharing user accounts is not allowed - posting account details on services such as bugmenot is forbidden and will result in that account being banned. We do not require registration for viewing posts or downloading mods (except the Adult Corner for legal reasons).
- Don't PM administrators directly asking for help with using or installing mods or tools. Instead, please post in the "Get Help/Troubleshooting" forums, or the thread for the mod itself that you're having problems with. Harassing administrators when they ask you to do this (or for any other reason) is bannable for as long as the administrator you harassed likes.
- Misogynistic, homophobic, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated on this forum in any form. Period. This includes using them in jokes or casual conversation. Treat your other forum users here with respect no matter what their gender, race, background, or preference might be. Or else.
- Please only use English on the forum. We have no way to moderate posts that use other languages since we are not fluent.
- You must be 18 or older to register and post on this forum. This is to comply with UK law which does not allow adult content to be freely accessible to minors.
- Please keep content that's outside the adult corner relatively SFW (that's Safe For Work) - this includes signatures and avatars.
PART II: Basic Posting Common Sense
- DO NOT double/triple/quadruple/etc post. If you have something else to say then use the EDIT button instead of adding multiple posts in a row. There are obvious exceptions to this rule for authors of mod releases that require frequent updating, or if you are reviving an older thread with new important information.
- DO NOT bump threads or create multiple threads asking the same question. Yes, we all read your post. No, we don't have an answer. Deal with it.
- DO NOT use colored fonts, small fonts, large fonts, or non-standard fonts in your posts. Doing so does not make you a Unique Internet Snowflake™; rather it just annoys everyone and makes your posts difficult to read. This rule does not apply if you are simply using colors/fonts to highlight specific code or filenames to make a complicated post more readable.
- DO NOT use large signatures. The maximum signature image size to keep threads readable is 500x80. If you are using a text signature then that means a max of 5 lines.
- DO NOT attach polls to your threads for stupid things. The only thing a poll should ever be used for is to collect sample data of opinions. For example, a poll in General Chat asking if people will preorder Saints Row 4 is an acceptable poll. A poll asking if people can help with a problem or a mod is not.
- DO NOT sign your posts at the end. You are not writing a letter, and we can already see your username when we glance to the left at your account.
- DO make an effort to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation to the best of your ability. We understand that some of our user base has English as a second language, but at least try and make an effort; this means capitalizing the first letter of sentences, using punctuation, not substituting numbers instead of letters (2 instead of too,) not posting in all lower or upper case, etc.
If you want your account on this site to be deleted, please PM Minimaul from the account you wish to be removed and this will be done for you.
Any posts you have made will normally be left. If you would like your posts or threads to be removed, please make sure to say this in your PM. It's quite easy for us to do this before your account is removed, it's a nightmare to do it afterwards.
Please note: we can't scrub the internet of all traces of your posts - Google's cache and archive.org amongst others index this site regularly and we have no control over the content available on these services.
Appealing a ban
If you believe you have been banned unjustifiably, please e-mail email@example.com. Your ban will be reviewed by a different member of staff to the one who banned you.
Complaints against members of staff
If you wish to make a complaint about a member of staff, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and your complaint will be reviewed by a different member of staff.
If you wish to change your account's name, please PM an administrator. We will allow a small number of name changes per user but constant requests for changes will be rejected.
Please do not register a duplicate account to get a different name on the forum.