Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

I agree i liked the hidden this that & the other & the detailed living aspects of Saints 2.
So if Saints IV revamped the city into a fully thriving environment & had all that then SteelPort getting reused wouldn't be an issue ?

2. I also agree the simulation in Saints IV was too self contained Volition didn't fully tap into the possibilities.
I would've loved complete free roaming access into each of the saints simulations at anytime i wanted not just limited to missions. Pop out of one & jump into another.

And each complete & full size variations of SteelPort & a few StilWater simulations representing the nightmares of each saint.

I would also have liked free roaming of the Zin ship too.
indeed if sr4s steelport was more than just steelport from sr3 with zin billboards i'd be more forgiving. as in, if new areas were added to steelport and a greater variety of districts. sr2 had a LOT of different areas that felt distinct from one another. steelport however, has three modes: high-rise, industrial, and a generic residential area. it is the bare minimum of what an open world city should be. that, and even then, most of the cribs are all gone, destroyed in an attempt by the zin to mock you.
i'd want a city with a lot of verticality, but also a lot of detail and hidden areas.
i do agree, backpeddling would be a very stupid idea, but there are still a FEW things from sr2 that can be put into the next sr game.
for instance, restraunts and food. i kinda wanted to see the ability to sit down at freckle bitches and chow down on a burger, or buy some blunts to see some ridonkulous shit. even if it serves no gameplay purpose anymore, i'd still miss eating food and smoking weed.
also, i still think the grenade system should be an option for those who don't like super powers., or want some variety. that said, super powers are back with full force. i'd also like a LOT more crazy weaponry. really to me there is no such thing as too many options for attacking and causing mayhem in a saints row game.

as for superpowers, they can really get creative. how about allowing us to pick from a variety of powers... from movement (ex: do you want super speed or do ya wanna swing around on magical grappling hooks that are totally not spider webs?) to powers. and the "choose your power mechanic" can be it's OWN storefront that you can customize if you are bored. i must stress: each ability has its own pros and cons, but are ultimately all really viable to use when fully upgraded.

i am REALLY hoping, with modding, to be able to port sr2s city as a seperate simulation accessible from the ship.

also, you are in every right to express your opinion, same as everyone here on this forum. we're all saints, even though we all have different opinions on what road saints row can take.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could identify what made Stilwater feel... more alive, more genuine than Steelport, which felt more like an obvious, videogame construct. I worry it might have just been lower standards, since I played 2 long before 3. I don't think so, though; I'm clearly not the only one who senses it. If someone can identify what the special sauce is, I think a lot of those open world games can benefit.

If you see folks being jerks, please report it; we do have some rules.

I wish I could identify what made Stilwater feel... more alive, more genuine than Steelport, which felt more like an obvious, videogame construct. I worry it might have just been lower standards, since I played 2 long before 3. I don't think so, though; I'm clearly not the only one who senses it. If someone can identify what the special sauce is, I think a lot of those open world games can benefit.
I'm gonna go ahead and say it's the NPCs and their sheer unpredictability. In SR2 you can never be sure as to what will happen if you just watch the peds for a while: There'll be cops chasing streakers, pimps beating up gang members and if you're lucky you might even spot a failed parachuter falling from the sky smashing a bus stop.
That and a city that feels overall more handcrafted than Steelport, probably because they didn't reuse assets as obviously as they did in 3/4. Just look at the road layout: Steelport has very grid-like infrastructure, streets mostly take 90 degree turns, there's little variance in height, it's as if you never drive downhill at all, except for the area around the nuclear plant. Driving in SR2 compared to that feels like riding a rollercoaster even though the vehicle controls are way better in 3.

If you see folks being jerks, please report it; we do have some rules.
imma say that stillwater was PACKED with hidden areas and interiors.
like, a lot of them.
remember the sex dungeon beneath the cemetary? or the stillwater caves? or the fact that between sr1 and sr2 the saints row area was COMPLETELY transformed?

my dream sr game: sr4s superpowers and weaponry in either a city like stillwater or stillwater itself.
as in, as detailed as possible.

Last edited:
Well before I get to what I want for Saints Row V i have to talk about Agents of Mayhem. Agents of Mayhem is actually more connected to Saints Row more thanc people think. In a way(not completely) but in a way it is a direct sequel to Gat out of hell. At the ending where you retcon the lore and get earth back, Matt Miller and Kinzie are in an interrogation room and they are in some time of federal task force or something. The person they Caught is Persephone Brimstone. (They say her name and they say her as in a female) Then they say there going to tell the lieutenant or something like that and Gat is the lieutenant. We then see him walking down the hallway. We now know Brimstone is the leader of the Agents and Gat has met most or some of the agents and he met some of the saints. Source for Youtube video(
) Also Oleg and Pierce are in Agents of Mayhem. Oleg is Yetti and Pierce is Kingpin which is said in the volition livestream Welcome Back,Agents.(
) they literally say it.(at 7:30ish) The agents are sporting purple and the saints symbol which everyone knows refers to the saints gang and the tagline for agents of mayhem is bad vs evil. It is still unclear where the boss ties in to this.

Anyway I what want in Saints Row V or 6( or the next Agents Game if they stick with the agents name)is a new city because steelport is getting old . We will probably have that problem fixed since the saints/agents are located in a new city. I also want to see how Johnny Gat and The Boss tie in to the new earth. I'm almost certain Gat remembers the old timeline and that he remembers the Boss since he is contact with a bunch of saints like Kinzie,Miller,Oleg and Pierce. I also want to see a return of Shaundi,Ben and King and the Boss of course. I think Gat may be Brimstone's higher up since he recruited her( presumably). I also want to know WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOSS. It has been in shown since saints row 2 and clearly stated in 4 that Gat and the Boss are best friends. I'm sure the boss has something to do with the saints. I also want the super powers ( since I know they're probably not gonna return to realistic gameplay) to not be overpowered and actually require the use of vehicles. Now I think that maybe, just maybe the Boss can be the president AOM and so in Saints Row V his presidential cabinet is the same with him/her Ben,Kinzie,Shaundi,Miller,Asha and Keith. Or maybe in Saints Row V they can be part of the Agents themselves which could be super cool in my opinion since they would be reunited with all the saints.Also Gat is a must have(come on the Gat is the most badass character the boss is like right underneath Gat's level of badassery). Also Volition's youtube channel is awesome it is not afraid to play with mods for THEIR OWN GAMES ! also IdleNinja is in their company and in the videos why wouldn't you watch them.!

Nordlys said:
I want to see the boss suffer more. Having that kind of pain that he must overcome alone.
In SR series few things made him suffer (usually they were all related with death - it gets repetitive).
I want to see something related to his past, his parents, his childhood best friend, his favourite pet, something like that. Or even he facing something horrorifing (the '50's reality was fun to play, but I didn't perceive much fear from the Boss).
The Boss must overcome his fear in real life, not through dreams.

And i want to see him in danger. many near death experience, fighting while hurt and bleeding (and I want to see actual wounds and bruises that heal slowly, like in wrestling games), or on Nordic mountain, where is cold, and for some reason he isn't wearing much. Fighting against enemies trapped underwater.
He should love somebody (A member of saints of choice of the player, it would be nice). I want something that helps to fell more connected with our player character.

It would be nice if you can also create at least one or two custom characters, that will be members of the saints and will follow you (for example, in Skyrim there are several followers, but I favour greatly those followers that are created by me).

And yes, more realistic hair and beard.

True that I want it to be a challenge of the boss and have him either get together with shaundi,kinzie,viola,asha if he is a boy or johnny gat, pierce,ben,matt etc or to be able to make your character gay.( I don't think they would want to exclude the homosexual audience) But I also want to be able to rely on his friends namely JOHNNY GAT (FUCK YEAH) especially if he is injured. What I mean about this is like that scene in Daredevil Season 2 where daredevil and punisher fight there way out of a building. I want Gat and the boss to do that it would be so badass. I want him at the end of the game to be closer to his crew. Also it has to be after Agents of Mayhem skip to page 17 to see what else I want.

I also want it to be more grounded like saints row 1 and 2 preferably or at least with gangs and I WANT SPLITSCREEN. I really want to be able to sit down with a friend have him/her grab a controller and just have a good time. I don't like how to play locally you need to both have a multiplayer pass, both have seperate tvs, and both have an xbox/ps3/4 or pc. Those are a ton of requirements.!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anyone remember the groups & groups of mimes that appeared from nowhere in Saints 2.

I totally agree.
Going forward Saints still could use ideas from Saints 2 while maintaining the sci-fi/superpowered theme.
Remember City of heroes/City of villains.
[youtube]3r24wkTxMcQ[/youtube]​
Saints 5 could have a multitude of heroes & villains mixed in a living city on a new a planet or even a huge space station could hold variety of different alien species.

With movies like StarTrek/StarWars, Avengers, the upcoming Justice League movie, sci-fi television shows like Doctor Who, The Expanse, Magicians, KillJoys.
Comic Book & Sci-Fi are an easy cash in now.

And how cool & hilarious would it be to see Fun Shaundi or another Saint smoke some alien drug, die & have their soul pop out of their body complete Astral projection style.

Or eat alien hamburger that gets angry & slaps you or something alien tries eating you.
Some alien weed gives you 4 arms.

I'd love to see weapons like on the Avengers or weapons designed for superpowered & alien threats, not just tossing regular old bullets around.

Yea, why not go a city of heroes/villains or DC Online with character creation, choose superpowered based or equipment based character class.

That's what online communities are all about.
No one has to agree or like anyone's opinions or ideas or even have to acknowledge them altogether especially when there's options to ignore.
I was thinking a city set outside of time, where zinyak from an alternate timeline wants to re-take his empire in the prime timeline.
thus. the zin civil war erupts... so great and terrible that it rends spacetime itself and causes history to be condensed into one big city. with each gang being themed after different time periods and nationalities.
we could have a samurai gang, a greaser gang, the syndicate (now under one banner) and conquistadors.... and then the saints/zin/ultor gang.
it would be a huge city with aspects from across history, where the gangs all have superpowers. and the law enforcement? fucking god himself.

i'm gonna say. i want a balance between alien weaponry and more modern gang-ish weapons. in saints row, the more weapons one has, the better. and with this new time traveling angle they REALLY can bring in weaponry from across time.... even futuristic/alien weaponry.

let's talk radio.
this, needs to be on the mix.

possibly when the boss rediscovers his/her superpowers.

also. next game. k12 needs to have the full version of the dubstep gun song 1 from sr4.
aka this.

Last edited:
That's like saying players shouldn't switch guns on the fly. That's a core feature of the SAINTS titles to begin with. Simple, quick, easy switch accessibility.
Stumbling & fumbling with controls takes the fun out of it.
what I was meaning was that people shouldn't be able to access EVERY superpower whenever they want, it would make them more OP than superman (maybe once you've got more completion you could)
Superman isn't stumbling & fumbling switching from ice breath to heat vision.
ie. the flash doesn't have laser vision, and he would be too OP if he did.
And doesn't wall running go hand & hand with super speed.
wall running was a lazy way of gaining height because the devs didn't want you to fly
Jetpacks aren't a superpower neither are grappling hooks.
Those are two different categories, equipment & abilities.
I was meaning as in Batman, he's a superhero so they should add that.

Also if they have superheroes then they can't leave out batman & spiderman type stuff (i.e. fighting gangs (that use guns), the police, petty crime)

But all kidding aside I think a straight up cover of Lego Marvel Superheroes (which is what a lot of people are describing, and it is a good game) would be pure sh¡t, especially if there are no licenced characters and they have to somehow implement a bunch of criminals gone executive mascots gone politicians as the main characters.

And unfortunately, implementing splitscreen into an open world game is very heavy on resources, even current gen. so it will be unlikely without a graphics downgrade.

The radio should be quite varied, with a lot more stations and broader genre span in each station.

Last edited:
Saints Row V: Saints Of The Galaxy

Saints take over the galaxy its bigger its badder play as human or alien go to different planets fuck shit up take over the universe!!!!
Really?

What would come after that? What would saints row 6 be, if the trend, it seems, is to constantly one-up the previous title in wackiness and extraordinaryness no matter what? If the series has deliberately gone from grounded to insane scifi fantasy, then how will sr6 continue this? Because I think once sr5 is released as what you say, that trend will have peaked and there will be no room for the game to try and expand its ridiculous humour based fantasy shitscapade, and it will have to be the same level as sr5, which as VSW has told me is not good for games to do.

The other option would be to start the trend again or start declining, ie to have sr6 be less wacky than sr5.

This is why I find it so strange that everyone wants the next game to be crazier and less realistic than the last. It seems as if you only want it because
A) that's what the rest of the series has done
B) you want it to be crazier for the sake of being crazier, and don't really care about the quality of the game or the continuity of the series.
C) you don't actually want saints row, you want an open world scifi game with similar humour/plot/characters to sr4 and would actually be fine with someone other than deepsilver volition releasing such a game.

I would like to see someone say what reasons they have other than those if they do and if they don't have those reasons I have listed...

-Edit-
I would also like to know what you (those who don't prefer the SR2 style) would think about volition making a grounded game and adding a
GALACTIC SAINTS
DLC that was exactly how you wanted only it would be DLC for a more grounded game, because at this point honestly I wouldn't mind them doing a
GALACTIC SAINTS
game next and having a grounded DLC that got rid of that.

-Edit 2
I'm not angry or intending to cause offence.

Last edited:
Back