Saints Row Reboot

Would you like to see a NewGEN Saints Row Reboot?

• Total voters
Would you like to see a NewGEN Saints Row Reboot?

Rebooting Saints with the superpowers YES!

Rebooting Saints without the superpowers NO NO NO NO Nope never negative, nah!

Rebooting without the superpowers to what it was before Saints 4 you're just going backwards to repetitive limited BS nonsense.

Made the previous titles Saints 3 & 4 completely pointless story wise, like freaking Agents & Saints GAT did with Saints 4.

Rebooting Saints is an embarrassment to me, the series has moved on & going backwards to a Saints 1 & 2 style limited to realistic rules is BS & keeps the Saints planted as a GTA wanna be.

Why not just make a gigantic Saints title with endless gang clones doing the same stupid crap as Saints 1 & 2 did cause that's basically all you're getting. Another GTA wanna be doing drivebys & thug gangsta BS.

I hate that idea, i'm totally against that idea, i don't support that idea, & if Saints gets rebooted to that idea i quit.

The superpowers & Sci-fi aspects made it unique from a GTA wanna be & it became seriously interesting & extremely fun to me.
It'll seriously SUCK If Saints loses that.
while i love sr2 still (look at my avi. it's actually from a japanese sr2 add.)
i am gonna say sr2 is far from flawless. actually, the story has a flaw EVERYONE complained about in sr3. early character death. only sr2 it is worse because carlos doesn't have that much development before he gets axed. hes just the guy that broke you out of jail. and in order of events depending, he dies damn early. and what's worse even if he didnt die he doesn't get seen or mentioned in the other gang arcs that aren't the brotherhood. THATS how pointless his existence was. but people were all up in arms against johnny gats death. purely because gat had a whole games worth of character development. two in fact. and when volition reverses his death people still shat on sr4. the fanbase is a very very fickle one. sr4 is fucking amazing. and i want equal parts fanservice and new frontiers in craziness. i will say. the majority of sr5 COULD be spent without super powers (as a compromise, a mode with and without them. with adjustments accordingly) would that make people happy?

... and when volition reverses his death people still shat on sr4.
That's one thing I liked about Saints Row IV. I was very happy when Johnny Gat returned, and Fun Shaundi too! :D
... as a compromise, a mode with and without them. with adjustments accordingly) would that make people happy?
Yes! :D

My biggest complaint wasn't so much that they added superpowers -- but that they removed so many other fun things that the older games had. Superpowers were not a good replacement for those. If the game had the variety of Saints Row 3 or earlier and you could disable superpowers, I'd be perfectly happy.

But I really want a boat. And water. That would float my boat. :D

Last edited:
I'd rather they keep the superpowers in, no backtracking.

SaintsRow:The3rd I do like more than 2 because the graphics, character models, were all better.
All the other stuff like online multiplayer, the living city like aircraft landing & taking off randomly. I did miss that living city & the airport but i was like if it improves the looks of everything & let them add Brutes, zombies, jiggles, Genki, & over the top action, i don't mind.

I love Saints 4 because it went further out of the Saints comfort zone & it went wilder.
When the earth was destroyed i was like OMG WOW! That really increased the overall seriousness of the Saints, of the situation they're in, & the story itself.

That wasn't the repetitive typical happy ending for heroes of a story, they just lost everything no matter if they defeat the Zin or not. Then Volition wussed out with Saints Gat & Agents Of Mayhem.
That was a huge let down to me.

However @Quantum @smashbro596 Why couldn't both exist.

Undo Saints GAT's ending, restore earth BUT There's nothing saying every person on the planet has to have superpowers.

There's other locations, other neighborhoods where ordinary people live with ordinary street gangs hang.
The Saints Universe is a universe Volition.
the big reason why i want more silliness is that... well it is kinda hard to backpeddle after PUNCHING THE GODDAMN SHARK. (that was literally an achievement). can only move foreward for new weirdness for the saints. i also would hate to see the series undo the awesome fun that sr4 had.

i love sr4 simply because it didnt just take the series out of its comfort zone. it is a fucking awesome game on its own. and damn fun with how it crosses a highly customizable protagonist with super powers and an open world. the only complaint i have is how the super speed pretty much makes cars useless (though i still drive periodically. as driving is still fun)

im personally glad for srs current state. and i dont want a reboot. i WANT the saints to continue onto a fith installment. with a story that is both fanservice-y for old fans (old characters) with a batshit insane premise and story.
i love the super power concept. and i am one of the only people who started with 2, loved it, but fell for sr4 even more when it came out.
the one thing i want to see return from sr2 is the more interesting city of stillwater. or something LIKE it.
stillwater had a fuckton of interiors. a fockton. one other thing id like to see return would be food, drugs, and booze. steelport was a lame city in comparison. and with a new sr5 they should build a new city that is both packed with interiors and detail and super-power friendly. maybe when indoors they COULD disable super sprint.

Last edited:
I'd rather they keep the superpowers in, no backtracking.

SaintsRow:The3rd I do like more than 2 because the graphics, character models, were all better.
All the other stuff like online multiplayer, the living city like aircraft landing & taking off randomly. I did miss that living city & the airport but i was like if it improves the looks of everything & let them add Brutes, zombies, jiggles, Genki, & over the top action, i don't mind.

I love Saints 4 because it went further out of the Saints comfort zone & it went wilder.
When the earth was destroyed i was like OMG WOW! That really increased the overall seriousness of the Saints, of the situation they're in, & the story itself.

That wasn't the repetitive typical happy ending for heroes of a story, they just lost everything no matter if they defeat the Zin or not. Then Volition wussed out with Saints Gat & Agents Of Mayhem.
That was a huge let down to me.

However @Quantum @smashbro596 Why couldn't both exist.

Undo Saints GAT's ending, restore earth BUT There's nothing saying every person on the planet has to have superpowers.

There's other locations, other neighborhoods where ordinary people live with ordinary street gangs hang.
The Saints Universe is a universe Volition.
I do love Saints Row 3 because the graphics are the most beautiful of all the Saints Row games. And I absolutely love the character models. That's why it's my favorite game to mod.
On the other hand, Stilwater is the most beautiful and expansive city of all the Saints Row games, but the character models are pretty bad.
I guess I was hoping for a game that combined the beautiful graphics of Saints Row 3 with the beautiful and expansive city of Saints Row 2.
That would have been something incredible to mod.

I really like the fact that I have to depend on cars for transportation. That makes me want to own and mod a lot of cool cars. I love modding and driving the cars. But when I had superpowers in Saints Row IV, I never bothered with the cars because there was no reason to use them. I guess that's a big reason I hate superpowers so much.

Last edited:
I do love Saints Row 3 because the graphics are the most beautiful of all the Saints Row games. That's why it's my favorite game to mod.
On the other hand, Stilwater is the most beautiful and expansive city of all the Saints Row games.
I guess I was hoping for a game that combined the beautiful graphics of Saints Row 3 with the beautiful and expansive city of Saints Row 2.
That would have been something incredible to mod.
that is literally the one reason i think should be carried from sr2 to a future installment. the more detailed city. the ability to eat freckle bitches, and drink booze and smoke a bong. i want a city that is either stillwater for the third time (better stillwater than steelport.) or a completely new city that is just as packed with detail while still being superpower-friendly.

Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars. (see my edited last post)

I don't like repetitive. That's why I like to mod. I love creating something new. But I do like realistic. Real life doesn't have to be boring and repetitive. It is what you make of it! ;)
i play games to escape from reality :p

i play games to escape from reality :p
Me too. I only have one car in real life, and it's over 15 years old, rusting away, and barely runs.
I can only dream of having a garage full of brand new cool cars, a heliport full of awesome flying vehicles, and a multitude of penthouse apartments!
And, as a guy, I never get to pick out and wear women's clothing in real life. I know every guy who plays Saints Row enjoys that -- don't deny it! ;)
That's my escape from reality playing Saints Row 2/3. With all that, why would anyone need superpowers? o_O

Last edited:
Doesn't realism also mean no cheats or mods, cause you can't magically mod reality.
Sure you can. Not magically, but by work. Humans are constantly modding their reality. That's what makes it real.

Seriously if modders were limited by a set laws of realism when it came to mods, how far would they get creativity wise.
And yet, I want to mod the world of Saints Row IV to look more real, but I can't, because we don't have the tools. So, I feel my creativity is limited to an unrealistic world only.

How much would modders grow in creativity if they were that limited.
But we are very limited based on the tools we have available or have the knowledge to build ourselves. For example, we can't add or remove buildings from the map. I find that very limiting. So we're stuck with the world that Volition built for us. I don't like that world in Saints Row IV, but I can't change it -- and believe me, I've spent many hours trying.

Why would i bother visiting a fantasy world If i can do the same things there as i can do in the real world.
Exactly, which is why I like Saints Row 2 and 3. It's a fantasy world that's not so typical, but still on the edge of believable. I loved that about the older games.

I guess maybe it's not so much that I dislike the idea of a fantasy world, but rather, I just don't like their concept of a fantasy world in SR 4.

Last edited:
Saints 1, 2 & realistic games in general as something like this: ...
Just saw "The Fate of the Furious" movie, and it occurred to me that the older Saints Row games (1, 2, 3) were more of the "Fast and Furious" genre -- cool cars, hot women, over the top action. And then, with Saints Row 4 and later, they completely changed to the "Marvel Universe"comic type genre. Obviously, both movie genres do extremely well at the box office, and I always see both movies.

But your assertion that the "Fast and Furious" style is boring -- I think a lot of people would disagree.

Not enough action?
Code:
https://youtu.be/jeKBMdYaM3U?t=52
(sorry -- you'll have to cut and paste the link -- the forum keeps changing it when I enter the link directly)

I think it shows how cars and action can be combined in a perfectly realistic setting to make an extremely fun experience. And that's what I really miss about Saints Row. Saints Row was only up to 3 with that style, and Fast and Furious is up to 8. I think that proves there still would be a lot of demand for that style game, if done well (and with Volition's comic "special sauce").

That's what I miss.

Last edited:
Back