Agents Of Mayhem's Characters will be customizable?

Alternate costumes seem to be confirmed. But no customization on the level of the Saints Row games. But mods could change that to some extent.

The thing is that FPSs, RPGs, driving sims, etc. are all video game genres and each are numerous in number.

Character customization on the other hand is just a feature at most and if we're talking about customization at least as deep as Saints Row has it, then you'd be hard pressed at finding many games like it.

Yes... there are a handful, mostly RPGs. One could stay occupied with them, but it's an awfully small pool to pick from, and it foregoes essentially all of the more interesting games, artistically.

You do you; play whatever you like, and I won't criticize. I'm glad you know what you like. Such a small set of games to pick from would be incredibly limiting for me.

I find games that allow you to be creative the most interesting, but they seem to be fewer and fewer. That's one of the big reasons I liked Saints Row games, with their character and vehicle customizations. Besides Saints Row, some of my favorite games in the past (and still) are Halo Reach, Halo 4, Far Cry 2, Time Splitters 2, Time Splitters 3 because those games all have built-in map editors. And because they don't require a subscription to play and edit the maps. Sadly, newer games have really disappointed me. They are far less creative or force you to pay a subscription to use their map editors (I'm talking mainly consoles here).

I'm really disappointed in the direction console gaming has been going, which is why I don't have an XBox One or PS 4. PC gaming is a bit better, but still disappointing as far as games that let you be creative.

It seems that game makers seem to always copy each other, not necessarily in stories, but in the types of games they make available. For example, so many games no longer have split screen or LAN play, and those are huge selling features to me, but nobody's doing it now. And it seems like there are vast untapped opportunities for game designers to make games that allow people to be more creative, customize characters, build maps. I wish game makers would spend some more time looking at what they did right in the past, and building upon that rather than just trying to do what everyone else is doing.

Besides Saints Row, some of my favorite games in the past (and still) are Halo Reach, Halo 4, Far Cry 2, Time Splitters 2, Time Splitters 3 because those games all have built-in map editors. And because they don't require a subscription to play and edit the maps. Sadly, newer games have really disappointed me. They are far less creative or force you to pay a subscription to use their map editors (I'm talking mainly consoles here).
Imagine if saints row had a map creator for editing your own open world to explore! I would asume I died and went to heaven!

I prefer to create my own ideal character as for me it increases sense of immersion in the game environment, my selection of character isn't limited by the choices the developer supplies me with but only by whatever i can think up in character creation.
I agree about character creation; theres something more special about seeing your own face leading the saints than a generic one

Im agree with customization... I love that... but Im afraid i have not the skills to make a characters who looks like me xD

Back