• Maybe

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I dont care

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing I like most about SR is that it's not PC! There's a terrible epidemic of political correctness in this country (USA, at least), and I don't want any of that when I play Saints Row! I want it to me MORE of all those things you mentioned. The more offensive, the better! :D

PC = boring

EDIT: I actually have a fear that it's becoming more PC and juvenile, starting with SR4 and then GOOH. I don't like that trend at all.

I was just being sarcastic, because nobody seems to agree on anything. Although I'd still LIKE a game maker like that, I would really miss Volition's clever story lines.

I would lose interest in Saints Row if they catered to the overly sensitive community. The whole appeal is that it's mature and it doesn't treat me like a child.
Spiderman? Ughhhh! That would be terrible! That's actually why I didn't like SR4 as much as the previous ones. It was already too Spidermanish for me. If I wanted Spiderman I would play Spiderman. But I don't. I want Saints Row.

Reduced. I don't like games that are too difficult. I almost gave up on Saints Row 1 because it was too difficult for me. If it's too hard, it's much less enjoyable for me. They become monotonous if I have to keep failing over and over. I don't want to have to learn a game. I just want to play it.

I don't care about achievements/trophies. I'd rather have a longer campaign. I'm always sad when the campaign is over. And I really love Volition's campaigns, even when they don't make any sense!

In regards to story length I really hope Volition brings in their A-game for SR5. Because in SR3 at least half the missions were activities and in SR4 it was mostly "head here and disable this object while killing a small group of Zin". Personally it may sound weird but Volition should look to the Payday Series for mission inspiration.
If you don't know what I'm talking about some of the missions in the Payday Series included:

boarding a moving train and massacring the FBI SWAT and Gangsters on board
blowing up a bridge to rescue a prisoner

raiding the FBI HQ in a glorious shootout
burning down a mid-sized bank belonging to a cartel

raiding a corporate dinner party while fending off a swat team
shooting up an apartment complex and using a magnetic crane connected to a helicopter to tear out a panic room filled with money

forcing you're way into an underground research facility to steal several prototype weapons
destroying an entire shopping mall

storming a suburbs that was turned into a fortress to kill a dirty government agent
breaching a highly guarded compound to steal nuclear weapons from a corrupt PMC.

As for being PC? Nope I want the next SR to be something similar to say Hobo with a Shotgun, Crank, John Wick, Death Wish, Kill Bill, Hardcore Henry, The Warriors, Heat etc. AKA an outlandish crime-themed open world game that can be considered a form of competition for GTA while angering as many 4Chan and Tumblr users as possible like GTA.

Seeing how other longtime fan favorites titles go the route of "appealing to a larger audience" made me think of WhatIF Volition made SaintsRowV---ish focusing more on the gamers they don't have yet & less about the gamers they already do.

Like the ideas we're tossing around WhatIF Volition does add them but those ideas etc are nerfed just to interest the gamers that were never interested at all before.

I agree with you on that, not that i found SaintsRowIV boring but i found SaintsRowIV less far less vulgar & gritty.
And i'm seeing that trend in too many other games as well.

I agree on that as well, it's a mature title for mature audiences.

2. I actually like the comic bookish tone but i'd rather SaintsRowIV be more Spawn/Darkness/BombQueen & less Spidermanish.
The sad thing is I know a lot of people who would call you an edge lord that hasn't outgrown middle school just for wanting that, but I guess those are the same overly PC people we're talking about anyways

Personally I would love to see intro cutscenes for activities bought back. Even for minor activities and certain diversions such as Hitman and the Chop-Shop. Here's a list of activities they shoyld bring back as well as new ones

Fuzz
Crowd Control
Insurance Fraud
Fight Club
Gang War (similar to SR2 where you had to kill several enemy lieutenants scattered across the area)
Saints of Fury (80's styled beat em up based off the missions from past SR titles)
Zombie Uprising
Professor Genki's Amazing Anarchy Race (a cross between SERC and Sad Panda Skyblazing from SR3)
Racing
Mayhem
Tank Mayhem
Mech Mayhem
Heli Assault
Hitman
Chop-Shop
Trail Blazing
Trafficking

Last edited:
Personally I would love to see intro cutscenes for activities bought back. Even for minor activities and certain diversions such as Hitman and the Chop-Shop. Here's a list of activities they shoyld bring back as well as new ones

Fuzz
Crowd Control
Insurance Fraud
Fight Club
Gang War (similar to SR2 where yoh had to kill several enemy lieutenants scattered across the area)
Saints of Fury (80's styled beat em up based off the missions from past SR titles)
Zombie Uprising
Professor Genki's Amazing Anarchy Race (a cross between SERC and Sad Panda Skyblazing from SR3)
Racing
Mayhem
Tank Mayhem
Mech Mayhem
Heli Assault
Hitman
Chop-Shop
Trail Blazing
Trafficking
No pimping or ho-ing?
No demolition derby?

but seriously demo derby is amazing.

i think the activities of the game should make sure you can commit pretty much every crime in the game but also have a few fun ones like saints of fury. they could add some detail to the less defined activites like fuzz (i would love to see an episode). for gang wars you could add the need to destroy the enemy equipment/cars. and more hidden minigames like zombie uprising, perhaps pool, or some shit

also bring back the
cool visual effects from alcohol and drugs

Last edited:
l2mGvJF.gif

Anyways, back on topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back