Importing map from SR4?

Would it be possible to import the whole map of Saints Row 4 (or 3) into Gat Out of Hell?

The games are on the exact same engine, simply using different gameplay elements, all build on the same base, so something like this should be easy, right?
I have no knowledge of modding or even file extraction myself, so I have no idea how to even try this.

-
E1: I own both SR4GOTC and GOOH, so a simple how-to would do fine.

Same engine but not same versions of it. I was trying to repleace maps but game crashing. Wait for next SDK containing Map Editor.

As I discovered while working on my Zone File Tools, the zone file format (which contains the map data) is in a slightly different and incompatible format for each game. And when I say "slightly different", I mean they are different enough that I can't even figure out how to parse GOOH zone files with my tools which can parse both SR3 and SR4 zone files. So that's why you can't move zone files between games. One game won't understand zone files from another game.

Zone files contain a ton of different formats from different map building tools all packed together. If even one of those formats changes, it will probably break the whole zone file. And since they use newer versions of tools in each Saints Row Game, this breaks compatibility with the previous engine.

Last edited:
2015-08-26_00001.jpg

ThirtySaints678 do you see? I ported map from GOOH to IV!

Back