No Gates in "The Real World"

Yeah, but didn't get the achievement for finishing it. :(

pycorax, I just had an idea. Instead of trying to slow the gates, why not try speeding the ship up, but in a way that doesn't flag as a cheat?

The thing is that the ship is already fairly difficult to fly at its current speed especially at low frame-rates, I think it would be much harder and close to impossible to finish the mission if the ship is sped up.

I am still waiting for Volition to follow up on the post regarding the changes made in the patch.

i did but it still didnt work even when it was modded

I have stated that as of certain patches to the game last year, particularly the one that Volition made to fix this mission, has broke the mod.

I did everything that the note said to and it didn't work

i will try once more

Last edited by a moderator:
I did manage to get past this mission using the fast forward cheat and the mod that keeps cheats from flagging saves.
If that helps anyone else.

I've tried the fast forward method and it doesn't work for me (my computer is probably too low spec for even that) though it does provide a little improvement (I die at second door rather than first). So, I'm wondering if there is any way to temporarily remove the patch that 'fixed' the problem so I can use a mod to get past Real World then let steam re-update the game and restore the patch or revert to a backup?

Last edited:
Back