AoM in 2023 - Is anybody home?

Having been annoyed by ActiBlizz's decision to dump Overwatch 2's PvE, I decided to give Agents of Mayhem a shot or two. Now, I am aware of all its flaws and the whole "It is NOT a Saints Row game" thing, but I manage to approach to it like it's a different thing. Besides, I had been playing one game with a similar* gameplay loop for a while (Hoyoverse's Honkai Impact 3rd), and I liked it.

* I use the term "similar" loosely, as HI3 is shifted towards melee combat, in contrast to AoM's gunplay.

I got past a few missions, Rama's special one included. As for the first impressions, it's okay-ish. The overall design is decent, the animated cutscenes are well-done, the plot is tolerably cheesy, the gunplay is a bit weird with its aim assist, the driving mechanics are... well, they need some adjustment. The "open world" serves as a decoration for missions rather than a place to freely explore, which doesn't bother me, t.b.h. The customization options? Two words: they suck.

I'd like to try it out a bit more, maybe find something for a discussion or a new modding workflow, but... Given that this forum hasn't been updated since 2022, I fear it might be not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Well. AoM is a great game but it's kinda dead know. The official website is down, game servers too and due to layoffs we never got the DLCs they been working on or modding tools. The game's also not very popular in the community so we don't even have people will to mod it or even try to make new tools.

I really enjoy AoM still, it's sad to see there was a lot of cool things planned for it but had to be cancelled :sadge:

I recommend you to watch this video if you want to learn more about the fate of AoM

Well. AoM is a great game but it's kinda dead know. The official website is down, game servers too and due to layoffs we never got the DLCs they been working on or modding tools. The game's also not very popular in the community so we don't even have people will to mod it or even try to make new tools.
I really enjoy AoM still, it's sad to see there was a lot of cool things planned for it but had to be cancelled :sadge:

I recommend you to watch this video if you want to learn more about the fate of AoM
@Admixon, you're wrong about website being down. Agents of Mayhem website is fully UP and WORKING here! Although, the forum only had lasted for a pretty short time and was active only for a maybe 2-3 months before it was closed.

@Admixon, you're wrong about website being down. Agents of Mayhem website is fully UP and WORKING here! Although, the forum only had lasted for a pretty short time and was active only for a maybe 2-3 months before it was closed.
There's not much on it aside from promo materials.

There was a second website that looked a bit different and there was also modding forums, both are down rn

I'll be honest, I'd kind of hoped to tinker with it, maybe try and write our own original agent tables or something off the assets that are there, but I never saw much modding for it. I guess I was unaware there was even a second forum. :(

1699712168228.png

I found this

Back