SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

Fairy Tail stills quite decent for it's purpose, since it's a battle shounen...
But this reboot?

Volition's staff volition to dig their own grave was at their fullest when they developed this reboot...
Yep and still the one associated with them defend this games they mad when someone gave bad reviews its like their games are perfect and no one should dare give bad reviews with that

I really want to play it, even knowing the story sucks real bad. But i'm not touching Epic... so i guess i'll wait for it to arrive to Steam. From what i seen of several hours of gameplay, the world feels... rather empty, more so than SR3/SR4. Tons of horrible Pop-in and Draw Distance issues and even very insane animation glitches and some controls just stopping to work completely.

This is how feels being a Old Timer SR fan right now...
We're basically Nahualli getting gunned down and Volition is the one pulling the trigger.

I'm sad to say I did not buy the game on release this time. I remember buying SR3 and SR4 on launch and having a blast with a friend in co-op. But this time? The entire game seems like a mess.

I legit didn't expect Volition to pull a Cyberpunk on us.

Last edited:
Honestly 4, this reboot is just one big mess. 4 is not a saints row game anymore, its closer to crackdown but youll still have more fun with that than the reboot and at least 4 still has the classic characters. I was open to a whole new cast for the reboot but holy crap, these are perhaps one of the most annoying cast of characters I have ever experienced with non stop cringey jokes every few seconds
Agreed, 4 is not a Saints Row game only in the fact that it diverges from the gang roots. Yet it still has a lot of fun and you at least get the feels from the series when you revisit moments formt he past. SR 4 is best played once you've binged the series story, a great finally. THe Reboot is boring for the story.

Agreed, 4 is not a Saints Row game only in the fact that it diverges from the gang roots. Yet it still has a lot of fun and you at least get the feels from the series when you revisit moments formt he past. SR 4 is best played once you've binged the series story, a great finally. THe Reboot is boring for the story.
I believe you can play 4 without knowing a thing about the series and you will get more enjoyment out of it than if you did. The story, while I found it interesting as its own thing, didn't make a lick of sense as an SR story with all the alien and superpower shenanigans. They threw logic and continuity out the window the moment Zinyak popped in and blew up Earth rendering everything we did in the previous games up until that moment pointless. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but it was SR in name and cast only.

This reboot on the other hand is SR in name and name only. Pretty much just SR4 without the old cast and crazy alien and superpower shit. This is the result when you employ feminazi morons like Snarkeezian or whatever and go on to trash fans unhappy with the game you're crapping out. Retail stores are having issues selling physical of this travesty, and it has remarkably low scores across the board.
Really hope they'll get their shit together for their next game, but I probably won't hold my breath. They appear to have lost their touch.

I might still give it a shot after they fixed it up but purely for the gameplay, I've no interest in the story whatsoever. I already feel sorry for the skip button 😂.

I mean, I get both sides. I love the game, but it has flaws. It doesn’t feel like a saints row game, least not yet for me anyway because I hadn’t gotten far enough in.

I like our little cast, it’s clear they care about each other, though part of me wonders if maybe it’d be more wise for them to pack up and flee the city rather than try to fight basically everyone.

The gangs don’t feel threatening. They’re as threatening as the gangs in SRTT were, which was not a lot. They’re more meat shields for us to mow over.

I love the game, but I think they could’ve improved on certain aspects.

SR4 direction made me vomit, it just went full TARD mode which i didn't appreciate... i like more serious things with more meaning and SR4 was almost devoid of it. It was just a lunatics fest with no real meaning. A Shakespeare Galaxy Tyrant? Poking in the ass Aliens with purple dildos? Coca Cola's SANTA Xmas? and for F sake Blowing up the Earth and just basically blew any possibility of a Sequel?

Yet, SR4 it was still kinda fun to play, i mean i didn't love it but i also didn't feel it was crap. I played it along one of my decades long friend on Steam and it wasen't that bad, i really love the SR1 and SR2 memories missions and the 90's esque Arcade Beatem up, it just wasen't my thing.

So yeah, i think SR4 was better although i didn't find it particularly great. It feelt a lot like SR3, which i like, just more idiotic.

But the Reboot, i don't know... it pretended to be serious and tried real hard to have some meaning, but it feels akward and cringy instead. I just hope it at least sells enough to keep Volition a float. I would had bought it just to support Volition, but damn Deep Silver... Damn it.... why you had to go Epic exclusive?

The gag here is that I really don't give a damn, I'm having fun and that's all that matters to me.🥴
Then your standards about how a game should be is below rock bottom.
There's no way a sane person would find something good or fun about that dumpster fire. Embracer Group/THQ Nordic/Koch Media/Deep Silver/Volition naming that thing Saints Row is beyond disrespectful.

Back