SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

The customization in Saints Row games, even in the first game, has always been impressive for it's time... And this game just topped every game I can think of, not just other SR games either.

If I thought I spent a lot of time in customization menus before...

I don't know if I'll live long enough to actually play the rest of the game.
I only enjoying the gameplay maybe if this game released... And if you beat the campaign and there's nothing you can to do i just hoping they add more extra mission like SR2 difficulty that gaves player Trauma

In a lot of ways, that was absolutely exceptional, it made me nostalgic remembering the excitement of finding something as simple as a new clothing store as I explored the city. The emphasis on brick and mortar is appreciated (I almost wish the game had a system to discover new shops instead of just highlighting them on the GPS).

Extended vehicle customization with boats and aircraft is a huge surprise. Skin customization for the alternate gun models. Asymmetric adjustment. Free form clothing layering. There is an undeniable impression of polish in this presentation that was noticeably missing from the earlier previews. This has dramatically helped improve my confidence in the game.

I might nitpick in that I'm still a bit worried about the face customization and body sculpting. I'm sad to see the return of the triangle sculptor, although I'm glad that muscle definition is finally a separate slider. A lot of the faces they showed all seem to have the same base skeleton shape to the face/eyes, which is potentially restrictive. If you deviate from the preset mouth and eye structure in the earlier games, it can horrifically break the animations in cutscenes, so I'm worried that variety will be stifled. There was something a little bit uncanny/off with how the faces looked on a few of the previews, and I'm worried that making nice looking characters will be a struggle.

Censorship is hard to discern, I greatly appreciate the customization for nudity presentation (I remember that was supposed to be a feature in 4), although it's hard to tell if more "beautified" character design options will be limited, or if body sculpting options will be reduced, for example. They were mentioned but not shown in the preview very clearly.

There is a lot of goofy and gimmicky options shown of with the skin and iris's, but I wish there was more emphasis on fundamentals, such as more detailed body sculpting and shape options, detail and material options in makeup and hair highlight placement, and modular tattoos/scars. Almost none of the characters showed in the preview looked very serious or authentic, despite them touting such being an option in the "interview", I genuinely hope that is still accounted for. You can make ugly monstrosities in hundreds of games, genuine character creators where you can make gorgeous designs are a dime-a-dozen, extremely rare, bordering non-existent.

Admittedly the balance between overwhelming modularity that is difficult to work with and could potentially be inaccessible, and stifling and limited presets is hard to define. Since it was a sneak peak, it's not entirely clear what all the limitations are going to be, but hopefully the face presets aren't all restricted to the same facial rig.

The gang customization was a bit vague, and none of the options they showed looked very authentic, serious, or genuine. There is a strong possibility that people who want better fashion associated with gang or mafia culture will be disappointed. Are the vehicles restricted pre-mades, or can you make your own presets for the gang members? Hard to tell.

My absolute biggest concern is still in regards to attention to detail of the world itself, AI interactivity, and interesting and immersive interaction or roleplay opportunities for the open world. If the player is given a tonne of overpowered weapon options for vehicles, but there was no attempt made to improve the AI and challenge of the police and vehicle pursuits, that would be a huge let down. Having fleshed out boat and air vehicle customization will be sad if there is nothing engaging to explore in the water or sky, or no creative activities that utilize them beyond boring checkpoint races.

Hearing that there is a much larger variety of brands and business's is fantastic, and hopefully the world design is more interesting, varied and immersive, but I seriously hope that it's not surface deep like 90 percent of open world games. Ubisoft games are notorious for environments with strong, historical modelling and detail, but absolutely no interactivity, and the open world gameplay itself being a boring, mundane checklist with dissonant activities disconnected from the surface dressing.

The ability to go to clubs, shopping malls, aquatic-centres, gyms, and actually interact with objects and interiors would be exceptional, and I hope that the AI is immersive and interesting in how they live in the world.

I honestly think that with such an exceptional character creator, the devs should try to cater to the GTA-RP audience, there is a huge untapped market there that is currently only realized by modders. Even if it's entirely separate from the coop and actual gameplay, a very limited peer to peer multiplayer system, and a bunch of roleplay animations that modders could utilize, could potentially make head-way in a very lucrative market, with a strong social media and streaming presence.

Actively supporting modders and working with them to create community servers would absolutely sky-rocket the games popularity.

might nitpick in that I'm still a bit worried about the face customization and body sculpting. I'm sad to see the return of the triangle sculptor, although I'm glad that muscle definition is finally a separate slider. A lot of the faces they showed all
Yep i hate that triangle sculptor too.. and i rather choosing the option from the oldgames with some Body option with skinny,Obese,Average,and Bodybuilder.

While i know the story looks like gonna be cheesy i just hope they give us something more than that.. like Offer plenty of fun in free roam.. we only got the customization trailer.. might want to see The NPCs, and Some short mission if the boss are psycho again or just Some Comedian celebrity&president again

I might nitpick in that I'm still a bit worried about the face customization and body sculpting. I'm sad to see the return of the triangle sculptor, although I'm glad that muscle definition is finally a separate slider. A lot of the faces they showed all seem to have the same base skeleton shape to the face/eyes, which is potentially restrictive. If you deviate from the preset mouth and eye structure in the earlier games, it can horrifically break the animations in cutscenes, so I'm worried that variety will be stifled. There was something a little bit uncanny/off with how the faces looked on a few of the previews, and I'm worried that making nice looking characters will be a struggle.
The faces can look good in the reboot bet you would need to spend some time to make your OC look good. Here's an example of a cute character imo
FNa7hu-WUAUK_iV.jpg
Also broken/bad looking face animations in cutscenes was my biggest problem in TT and SR4, they always looked so weird to me
Let's hope the CC demo drops soon so we'll check what options it offers

The ability to go to clubs, shopping malls, aquatic-centres, gyms, and actually interact with objects and interiors would be exceptional, and I hope that the AI is immersive and interesting in how they live in the world.
I'm afraid it won't happen. Wish it was possible but I think we will be able to visit clothing/weapon stores, car mechanic and that's all. Hope I'm wrong

I honestly think that with such an exceptional character creator, the devs should try to cater to the GTA-RP audience, there is a huge untapped market there that is currently only realized by modders. Even if it's entirely separate from the coop and actual gameplay, a very limited peer to peer multiplayer system, and a bunch of roleplay animations that modders could utilize, could potentially make head-way in a very lucrative market, with a strong social media and streaming presence.
Ngl, SR community is much bigger than before. Previous SRs never had such a thing because the community was small and modding part of it even smaller but now? There's a lot of people. I believe when the game drops there will be a lot of people wanting to mod it and bet there will be someone who will start making RP/multiplayer mod. I also think the game will be moddable because Volition supports modders, would be great to have official tools made by them like SDKs for SR4

SR4, they always looked so weird to me
I had the same problem with this.. especially Their face was so bad sometimes... Especially with the girl looks when they giving some Expression like surprised or something the face can be changed to be absurd....

While in SR2 i didn't see any problem with this..

My favorite women cloth are back.. The explosion effect its good too not cheap like SRTT and IV.. but somewhow when throwing grenade they still using the same animation from SRTT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-060433.png
    Screenshot_20220422-060433.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
Ngl, SR community is much bigger than before. Previous SRs never had such a thing because the community was small and modding part of it even smaller but now? There's a lot of people. I believe when the game drops there will be a lot of people wanting to mod it and bet there will be someone who will start making RP/multiplayer mod. I also think the game will be moddable because Volition supports modders, would be great to have official tools made by them like SDKs for SR4
While this is true. I'm still very worried about this games future, there is very little traction on social media, and all the uploads still receive a significant amount of dislikes.

Even if the customization is absolutely mind-blowing, they really need to resolve their marketing direction, even if it was gimmicky, having an edge and raunchy attitude to the advertising definitely helped 3 gain attention in a crowded marketplace. And the emphasis on larger than life crime and action movie themes such as in the (admittedly disappointingly misleading) Power cinematic and gameplay freedom were definitely a huge part in the game's success.

If they aren't going to portray gang culture or more adult themes like in 2, that would alienate a lot of their core fanbase.

Californian Millennial slice of life drama is an extremely niche genre, that is actively disliked by a lot of people. I don't think Volition should be aiming for the audience of cal-arts kids shows.

Californian Millennial slice of life drama is an extremely niche genre, that is actively disliked by a lot of people. I don't think Volition should be aiming for the audience of cal-arts kids shows.
I think they're aiming for the younger audience and people who enjoy full of action gameplay rather than rich and serious gangster story so it can be hurtful for OG fans

Back