WIP|Sands of Stilwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admixon

Description
Welcome to Sandwater... to Stilsand... Stilbeach.
9480_20200219223016_1.png

Mod is available here:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sands-of-stilwater.17924/

Last edited:
I need help.
Does anyone have any tutorial (extracting, editing city textures) or where do I start?

I need help.
Does anyone have any tutorial (extracting, editing city textures) or where do I start?
All the textures are in pegs.vpp_pc, textures.vpp_pc, and in chunks1-4. If you mean .city_pc those are only in chunks 3 or 4 and they are for the mp maps only and control mostly chunk coordinates? and skyboxes to be loaded etc, there is no programs for ,city or hmaps etc, just put the g_peg and peg files of the same name in the texture tool and drag peg over the tool in the tool section and it will extract the textures, then just modify the dds images, ignore the png images if i remember correctly, then just drag the desc file over the tool when done and it will re-compile the textures. I found that the tool must be where the exracted texture are or dragging the desc file on the tool will result in png/dds not found error. Unless the tool has been updated since then.

then just modify the dds images, ignore the png images if i remember correctly
That is incorrect, the png is the one you want to edit, if you edit the dds the texture tool will give you an error once you drag the desc file onto it. The dds will get updated with the changes made to the png once you drag the desc on the texture tool.

That is incorrect, the png is the one you want to edit, if you edit the dds the texture tool will give you an error once you drag the desc file onto it. The dds will get updated with the changes made to the png once you drag the desc on the texture tool.
As said if I remember correcrly. Thanks for the correction tho.

Just wanted to clarify since I had problems with that myself when I made my first textures and kept wondering why it wouldn't repack correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back