[SR2/SRTT/SRIV/SRGOOH] Drowning v0.3

Drowning v0.3
Mod by nclok1405 ◆VScYHamhfU

Download: Drowning_v0.3.zip

drowning.png

=== Description ===
This mod makes all water and lava of Saints Row games super deadly.

=== Installation Steps for Saints Row 2 ===
To install, place "hotels.lua" file to optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder.
Then execute "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P), and copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

=== Installation Steps for Saints Row: The Third and IV ===
If you are playing Saints Row The Third: Remastered, install Loose Lua Patch first.

Copy "module_drowning.lua" and "sr3_city.lua" to Saints Row The Third or IV's folder.

Default Steam Locations:
* SRTT: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row the Third
* SRIV: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV

If you are currently using another sr3_city.lua mod, follow these instructions:
1. Copy "module_drowning.lua" to your game's folder BUT NOT "sr3_city.lua"
2. Open your sr3_city.lua with a text editor
3. Insert the following line at the top of the file:
Code:
   include("module_drowning.lua")
4. Search the line that contains "function sr3_city_main()"
5. Insert the following line next to the "function sr3_city_main()":
Code:
   thread_new("drowning_main_thread")
6. Save sr3_city.lua and hope it works!

=== Installation Steps for Saints Row: Gat out of Hell ===
Copy "module_drowning.lua" and "sr4_5_city.lua" to Saints Row: Gat out of Hell's folder.

Default Steam Location:
* SRGOOH: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell

If you are currently using another sr4_5_city.lua mod, follow these instructions:
1. Copy "module_drowning.lua" to your game's folder BUT NOT "sr4_5_city.lua"
2. Open your sr4_5_city.lua with a text editor
3. Insert the following line at the top of the file:
Code:
   include("module_drowning.lua")
4. Search the line that contains "function sr4_5_city_main()"
5. Insert the following line next to the "function sr4_5_city_main()":
Code:
   thread_new("drowning_main_thread")
6. Save sr4_5_city.lua and hope it works!

=== Changelog ===
v0.3 (April 2, 2021)
* Added support for SRTT/SRIV/SRGOOH

v0.2 (May 21, 2019)
* Homies can also drown now

v0.1 (May 11, 2019)
* Initial release

Attachments

• hotels.lua
    595 bytes · Views: 574
  • Drowning_v0.2.zip
    587 bytes · Views: 642
  • Drowning_v0.3.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Funny mod, I crashed into the river with my costumed Go! car and I went down with the car but the NPCs and Homies have no affect on them, it could be possible you can achieve that. Good mod by the way.

v0.2 released. Homies can drown now.

Funny mod, I crashed into the river with my costumed Go! car and I went down with the car but the NPCs and Homies have no affect on them, it could be possible you can achieve that. Good mod by the way.
I can't add peds and other random NPCs; they have no name and the game gives no control of them except for making them scared.
For homies I added them in v0.2. Curiously, for some reason character_exists did not work for homies (#FOLLOWER1#, #FOLLOWER2#, and #FOLLOWER3#) but can still be killed.

v0.2 released. Homies can drown now.

I can't add peds and other random NPCs; they have no name and the game gives no control of them except for making them scared.
For homies I added them in v0.2. Curiously, for some reason character_exists did not work for homies (#FOLLOWER1#, #FOLLOWER2#, and #FOLLOWER3#) but can still be killed.
Is it true? I found that in SR3-4 peds have names but they are pretty random, the structure is CharacterName_number, I had an idea to create a list with all possible names and parse with function character_exists it when you change location to get npc on location but I am not smart enough for these things.

Last edited:
character_kill(LOCAL_PLAYER) no true does no effect never die cheat or invulnerable LOL I got to know about.

hmmm i think Boolean with true for override death doesn't exist until later appears to go to saints row 3 and 4, GOOH.

never die/invulnerable + character_kill(LOCAL_PLAYER,true) + Damage multiplier 0.0 = Player dies instantly in SR3 (I hated when jump off from the penthouse and instantly die in mid-air that was Trajan whores, later i just get rid of kill region

never die/invulnerable + character_kill(LOCAL_PLAYER,true) + Damage multiplier 0.0 = player still never dies in SR4 and GOOH , fixed cheats comes back to life (I can pass though kill region)

Make it so if you have certain clothes equipped you wont drown, such as the deep sea helmet.
I can't. The game gives us no information about what clothing items the player character is currently wearing.

Drowning v0.3 released. Now supports SRTT, SRIV, and SRGOOH!

srtt_drowning.png

Back