Saints Row IV Why do gang variant decals disappear?

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
In m19 with the clones, all the gang vehicles display their decals correctly. If I add a cheat to give the player those variants, mysteriously all the decals vanish. Even at the mechanic, I can choose the decal but it's still invisible. At first I thought this might be a problem with preloading, but one bike (bike_exotic01, Kaneda, ronin variant) actually works correctly and displays the decal.

Any idea on how to the decals working correctly for the player?

Mike Wilson was boss enough to answer this one off-forum. The decal textures by default are only located in that particular gang variant's streaming container. For example, the Swindle BH variant has suv_2dr_01_2.cpeg_pc/gpeg_pc which contains the decals. For all cars, when a player gets into a vehicle or cheats for it, it turns into the Fully_Customizable variant (with all the other variant's options.) Since this new fully_customizable variant didn't have those decals, then they simply don't show up.

To fix this, it means copying the decals over to the streaming container for the Full Customizable variant to make them work. i.e. suv_2dr_01_1. Since I'm rebuilding all of the vehicles anyway as part of the hydraulics mod, this is something I can fix as I go.

Interesting. It makes sense considering the heavy loading segmentation they do...

Hang on.. does this mean you're giving saints variants to every vehicle (or most at least) when you do the hydraulics mod? Meaning you're also sort of making a "Any vehicle for gang customization" mod?!
Woo! :D

Interesting. It makes sense considering the heavy loading segmentation they do...

Hang on.. does this mean you're giving saints variants to every vehicle (or most at least) when you do the hydraulics mod? Meaning you're also sort of making a "Any vehicle for gang customization" mod?!
Woo! :D

Probably not, no. I will be releasing the edited tables though in case anyone wants to use them as a base to build on for projects like that.

Think you could fix the ones on the Steelport Municipal as well? (the one that spawns on the streets, with the 3D Zin logo)

Sure.

Back