Shield Generators unresponsive to disable prompt.

I'm not sure if this is definitely a bug or maybe I just suck at the game, but wanted to add it to these threads just in case.

Late game when the shield generators show up, it seems a lot of them are totally unresponsive or nearly unresponsive. The prompt to hold E would fill entirely and then just cancel out. Some of the generators required up to an excess of 20 attempts to get the animation to play.

Are you in-combat when you're trying to interact with them?
You might be getting knocked out of it by something shooting you.

I got to a point where the minimap was totally blank and I even cheated and deactivated notoriety. Still, just bar fills and then it stops. :l

same issue on the last two generators and no one on the official forums seem to have an answer either besides lowering the display settings

I'm running into this during the key quest where you need to collect the charge canisters. It's treating me like I'm being attacked and knocked out of the action, but nobody is attacking me. I've had the bar fill completely multiple times, but it just resets.

I'm having the same problem. I searched some other forums(I think it was Steam's? Can't remember.) and general consensus says to lower graphics and update to the latest graphics driver. I did that except the update the driver because nvidia's latest beta drivers are causing my laptop to freeze up constantly. Either way, the problem's unsolved.

Sax von Saxon said:
In co-op, me and my buddy had to wrestle with the game to complete these. I'd get the prompt, get halfway through, then get stuck with my arm inside of it while my friend then gets the prompt. This happened on every single generator.

From what I see from other people's complaints, I'm assuming the bug stems from low frame rates. Does your buddy have the same issue? Is your frame rate low?

This issue is framerate related, looks like the animation is replayed and interrupts the event. Which, honestly, is weird - hotspots use a similar mechanic which is timed in a different way and they work properly regardless of framerate.

Still, getting through the game only to find myself unable to beat the finale due to a timing bug? Major, major disappointment. Hoping it actually gets fixed, although given similar glitches could occur in SR3 and those were never fixed, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Back