Satchel Charges

Satchel charges for SR IV - 0.51
by Lenankamp
Satchel - preview.jpg

So this adds Satchel Charges as an explosive at Friendly Fire. Still a few issues I haven't worked out. The animation will be interrupted if you are moving which I find really annoying. The animation is plym_ps_grndtss_sd.animx, but none of the options or flags I set in anim_files.xtbl seems to get past this. It's currently using the RPG explosions, and RPG explosion upgrades. The satchel and remote clip horribly, but the projectile itself is great. It seems to have way too much mass and causes cars to sink in to the ground, this should be easily fixable but I haven't really looked into it quite yet as I was more bothered by the animation issue. The control scheme files is kind of optional, but I use 360 control pad and this remaps the detonation to the 'X' button from RB as to not conflict with powers. Ammo is currently really low, I will fix this tomorrow along with the mass issue, did all my testing with infinite ammo unlocked.

Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Volition for the game, and Minimaul for the tools

Update 0.5 - Removed flags to display reserve ammo and the detonator in offhand as reserve ammo is no longer used and just reports bad info and the offhand detonator was out of place. Add ammo.xtbl and increased capacity from 4 to 12. Change of mass only effects the projectile, so vehicles sinking in to the ground is a persistent problem and not as easy a fix as I hoped.

Update 0.51 - Had forgotten to test vehicle support, works well, had to assign the offhand grenade control to something for detonation to work, assigned to Right Stick for 360 pad overlapping the car horn.

Moved to Releases, http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/re-enabled-satchel-charges.4684/

Attachments

• Saints Row IV - Satchel Charges 0.51.rar
    94.8 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Oh my god yes. I miss these so much. If you get these working like/close to like in SR3, I will figuratively kiss you. With words of gratitude.

The mesh is in game, left over from Saints Row 3 exactly where it was before. Volition did retexture the mesh for use later in the game so it is a prettier blue. If you prefer the old look, it was easy enough to extract and repack the SR3 files, tried this hoping it contained the weight data to no avail.

Last edited:
So the animation glitch is only for female characters. They work about as well as they're going to work aside from the weapon placement for male characters.

Isn't it possible just to port the satchel charges from SR TT? I even miss grenades lol
They basically are the Satchel charges from 3, none of the assets were taken, parts were just broken. In fact I tried porting over most of the SR3 assets to get this to work more akin to them, but any of the differences are likely hard coded.

Nice work there so far.;)
It would be nice to have the Krukev with the attached grenade launcher in SRIV.:cool:
We are all looking forward to this. Thanks man.

Ohh yes. These are my favorite weapons from the saints row series. So much fun^.^

Back