Quick Super Power Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @ all,

I'm totally new to Saints Row and the modding, so I'm a totally noob in modding, I really love this mod and downloaded a few others from here and tweaked everything a bit to my likings...

I would love to have the sprint effects from the dlc ingame everytime i start to run, but I think that's not that easy, after reading all this here. Isn't it possible to assign the effect called "VFX_SuperRun" that I've found in the dlc3_effects.xtbl to the sprint action ??? I was trying to figure it out but I wasn't able till now :/

If it was that simple then we would have done it long ago. The problem is that that the effect is not being preloaded and rather being manually loaded when the mission starts. DLC assets load quite differently than regular game ones.

Understand, thanks for the explanation mate =)

So the preload thing is also the problem for crashing the game after adding the fireball to the store, buying it and then using it, am i right ?!

That is likely part of the problem, yes.

This may or may not require the DLC, it definitely works with it. Doesn't have any of the pretty effects, but super powers are all there. Equip the apoca fist for best results. Fair waring, I'm unsure if the variables are saved with game save, so it may be more work than deleting files to revert save to normal. Won't work with weapon upgrades for the fireball/electric ball, if you want to downgrade weapons just empty the contents of the upgrade table.

The bulk of this is one line in the main function.

player_super_powered(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)
This enables the Hadoken animation, super speed, running through cars, damage resistance, and no rag doll.
The rest is flavor of creating the fire and energy grenades that act as rockets. Without the resources preloaded I couldn't get a quite proper audio noise.
Sample video,
i dont know why this tweak doesnt work on me. my character thrown the molotov as usual ways.. not like in the video. please help me.(im not using any mode).. so i want this amazing DragonBallZ skill to be apply on my character. and it will be good if the apocafist just small size, or just dont use it we stil can perform the dragonballz action.

You can use IdolNinja's super_fists_for_sale.rar and buy them in the weaponshop, then you have your normal fists, also important is that you have your electric grenade & your molotov at upgrade level 1 and not higher. IdolNinja created something for it if you already upgraded your nades it's called super_powers_molotov_electric_level1.rar and it would be good to know if you have bought DLC 3, cause you need it =)

Correct me someone, if I told something wrong =)

You can use IdolNinja's super_fists_for_sale.rar and buy them in the weaponshop, then you have your normal fists, also important is that you have your electric grenade & your molotov at upgrade level 1 and not higher. IdolNinja created something for it if you already upgraded your nades it's called super_powers_molotov_electric_level1.rar and it would be good to know if you have bought DLC 3, cause you need it =)

Correct me someone, if I told something wrong =)
im sorry , but the super_fist_for_sale.rar make my game crash to desktop whenever i access into the Friendly Fire. i dont even have a chance to see how that fist look like.it crash! but only the super_power_molotov_electric_level1.rar worked well on my game. thank you.( actually i dont understand this words mean "The bulk of this is one line in the main function.
player_super_powered(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)") any effective tutorial available?

Did you bought the DLC 3 (The Trouble With Clones) ??? And do you have any other mods installed that maybe affect the result ???

Young Jae said:
(actually i dont understand this words mean "The bulk of this is one line in the main function.
player_super_powered(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)") any effective tutorial available?

The answer is right below it:
This enables the Hadoken animation, super speed, running through cars, damage resistance, and no rag doll.
The rest is flavor of creating the fire and energy grenades that act as rockets. Without the resources preloaded I couldn't get a quite proper audio noise.

So it meant that "player_super_powered(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)" is the main part of the mod and activating it ingame in story mode and you can find that line in the sr3_city.lua file, that is included in the mod ;)

looks like i need to study more about modding..anyway thank you very much mr therealmofu. my games is by the "blackBox" which provides all packs.. but only the new released DLC(trouble with clones) not available in mine..sorry thats New DLC just released recently.

Your welcome, that's the same i did mate, i'm doing it since 2 days and try to understand that all ;)

And i already asked you now 2 times if you have the DLC bought mate and you didn't answer ^^ Cause you need that DLC for getting the mod work properly ! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back