Quick Super Power Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, both of you! The hadoken needs more punch, though, it should make things explode like hell. By the way, game freezes in the said "powers" mission when using the hadoken, i don't know if it happened to any of you.

It also freezes if you try to buy and use the hadouken attack from Friendly Fire.

NOTE: This is completely different from the powered fists for sale I added earlier in the thread, and something I tested on my own. The hadouken attack isn't even offered in that particular file. I mention all this because it rules out the mission itself as being the issue, and must be caused by other changes in one of the files. Now we just need to narrow it down.

The hadoken needs more punch, though, it should make things explode like hell.
I was just thinking about that. Why not just use the Crusader's main projectile as the hadoken? It actually is an energy blast, and it does considerable damage. Also, since it's already in the game, it would require fewer changes and thus be easier to merge with other mods.

I was just thinking about that. Why not just use the Crusader's main projectile as the hadoken? It actually is an energy blast, and it does considerable damage. Also, since it's already in the game, it would require fewer changes and thus be easier to merge with other mods.

I'm not sure thats possible, I think the animation is tied to the 'throw grenade' button. The way it is now the hadouken does nothing but an animation its the modded molotovs and emp nades that give the impression its firing a weapon.

I'm not sure thats possible, I think the animation is tied to the 'throw grenade' button. The way it is now the hadouken does nothing but an animation its the modded molotovs and emp nades that give the impression its firing a weapon.

Exactly. But, you could change the explosion itself to the tank one quite easily.

That's what I meant, just replace the modded molotov with the tank projectile.

Projectiles and explosions are two very different and separate things.

The hadouken is cool, but the thing I really miss is the woosh sound and the neon effect when running, it looks like dragonball when combined with the extended freefall from Genkibowl (thanks again IdolNinja :D)

I had problems with it crashing when I replayed the second mission as soon as I fired the Bee Gun, no clue why. Unfortunately I'm not too certain how much luck anyone will have in fixing the issues. The edit was amazingly simple to get the powers in, unfortunately any graphical effects will hit the wall of needing to edit the preloaded resources.

I tried to get something similar to the video posted by gibbed with pretty stars, but the closest I could get not knowing how to change preload was some of the genki effects. These trails that did not loop and created very short lived projectiles. I played with some others, the VTOL blast is one of the best for energy projections, but a bit too large for my taste.

Someone with more persistence than I could probably edit an option into the UI that could toggle the state of the Super Powers variable, but on the plus side it seems to reset it self between saves so it has no residual effects after uninstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back