Quick Super Power Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may or may not require the DLC, it definitely works with it. Doesn't have any of the pretty effects, but super powers are all there. Equip the apoca fist for best results. Fair waring, I'm unsure if the variables are saved with game save, so it may be more work than deleting files to revert save to normal. Won't work with weapon upgrades for the fireball/electric ball, if you want to downgrade weapons just empty the contents of the upgrade table.

The bulk of this is one line in the main function.

player_super_powered(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)
This enables the Hadoken animation, super speed, running through cars, damage resistance, and no rag doll.
The rest is flavor of creating the fire and energy grenades that act as rockets. Without the resources preloaded I couldn't get a quite proper audio noise.
Sample video,

Attachments

• sr3-super.rar
    39.4 KB · Views: 40,991
Well, damn! Nice work!

gonna try this right away :)

I'm guessing this is gonna mess with shitfaces weapons mod, they use the same files, is there any way to combine the 2?

Here's an additional store_weapon.xtbl that adds the super punches for sale. It doesn't have the visual bubbles like BAM SPLAT etc. But at least you don't have to wear those apocafists. Feel free to incorporate into the original mod if you like.

Attachments

• super_fists_for_sale.rar
    972 bytes · Views: 7,352
Hmm... when I do the hadouken it shows the animation but throws out a grenade...?

EDIT:
Ah, I see. The mod changes the molotov and the electric grenade only for the hadouken and they both need to be at level 1 for it to work properly.

Here's a modded weapons_upgrade.xtbl that removes the molotov and electric grenade upgrades so you can use the hadouken at any level.

NOTE: I have no idea what kind of shenanigans this may do to your save file. I would suggest not saving or at least save in a new slot if you try it. (at least until we know exactly what it will do to your upgrades by adding/removing.

Attachments

• super_powers_molotov_electric_level1.rar
    13.7 KB · Views: 6,202
I noticed it messes with throwing things from vehicles, dosent matter what vehicle your in or what type of ammo, the character always stands up to throw.

Just had a cool idea. In the main function of sr3_city.lua we could try adding all the zone swaps from all 3 TWC missions so the city has been quasi destroyed by brute gat. :D

This is brilliant, thanks Lenankamp and IdolNinja!

Now... obviously, my boss needs to be able to shoot airstrike cluster missiles out of his hands. And instead of smoke, they shall trail big crazy purple stars like in this video which I think Gibbed made.

Am I talking camel-through-eye-of-needle stuff here? Because I'm about to spend like 10 hours teaching myself how SR3 modding works, and if it's all going to be for nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back