Pony Cart

Good news and bad news, fellas.

The good news is that the Pony Cart can be found (and driven) in the Return to Steelport mission. All you have to do is leave Safeword the way you came once you hear the quip about hand sanitizer (once you get the second-to-last waypoint to Zimos) and head to the base of the tit-hill opposite Zimos (who spawns when you hit that one waypoint). If you're having trouble finding it, Zimos appears as a purple dot on the radar.

The bad news is that no matter what I've tried, there's no way to use it outside of the mission. I tried putting it in my garage, and it would just stay there. I tried customizing it (thereby placing it in my garage) with gibbed's customization mod, but it stays a non-customizable vehicle. If I'm lucky, I might be forgetting a way to get it outside Return to Steelport.

Anyway, I was wondering if there'd be any possible mod that would either place it in one's garage or maybe make it spawn outside Safeword once you're done the mission (or the Stronghold). Maybe it's possible to include parameters for it in the vehicle customization mod.

Let me know if anything's possible.

You could try creating a new cheat in cheats.xtbl to add it to your garage. Just copy and paste one of the existing ones and make sure to add it to the Table section (NOT the Table Template nor the Table Description section since those sections will do nothing.) Something like:

Code:
    <Cheats>
        <Name>Pony Cart</Name>
        <UnlockString>givepony</UnlockString>
        <Type>
            <Vehicles>
                <Action>
                    <Drop>
                        <Vehicle_Name>sp_pony_cart01</Vehicle_Name>
                        <Vehicle_Variant>Default</Vehicle_Variant>
                        </Drop>
                    </Action>
                </Vehicles>
            </Type>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Entries:Vehicles:Cars</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <DisplayName>Give Pony Cart</DisplayName>
        <Interface_Category>Vehicles</Interface_Category>
        <Cheat_Description>Add Pony Cart to your garage</Cheat_Description>
        <Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>True</Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>
        </Cheats>

The UnlockString value (givepony) is what you would type in your phone to add the cheat so you could then activate it.

Well, huh. That's odd. When you take the Pony Cart in Return to Steelport, the animations work fine (except for when you're firing; it looks like bullets are coming out of your junk).

Well, huh. That's odd. When you take the Pony Cart in Return to Steelport, the animations work fine (except for when you're firing; it looks like bullets are coming out of your junk).

In sr2, a mission could load unique meshes and animations specifically for that mission via the accompanying cts file. A couple of examples would be the dual katana animations for the jyunichi fight and the gieger counter for the Brotherhoods Waste Not Want Not. We got around this by adding the animation and meshes to preload.tbl and preload_anim.tbl. These files contained preloads for all the common stuff.

Where to find that in sr3 is anybody's guess though.

Back