Original city from Saints Row 3 with Mothership Zin

Is it possible to return the city from Saints Row 3, or at least some of its buildings? I want to bring the city closer to the version that was in Volition's video on stream, returning all the cribs and skyscrapers of the gangs, as well as the penthouse of the saints, to the game. I tried to modify the map files, but with all the options, when approaching the edited zone, either the game crashes or the character freezes and does not move.

I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible, it would be amazing but with the tools we have right now, there's not exactly a way we can port buildings and such.
Rewriting the coordinates of objects is quite easy. There are various building objects in the zone files that have not been mapped. I definitely saw the skyscrapers of the gangs in the files. The problem is that even when I unpack and repack the file for test purposes, and then update 2 asm files, when I approach the editing location, the character does not move. And it doesn’t matter whether I made changes to the zones file, or simply repacked the file without changes.

SR4 has a very different engine version than it's predecessor, the original building files are removed or have been replaced, as for right now, we can only edit zone files, and that includes moving thing around, I'm not sure if you can remove anything though. I might look into developing a map editor later if I have time though

Back