No Gates in "The Real World"

As of recent patches, the mod does not seem to work anymore.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod makes the gates at the end of "The Real World" mission not close at all. This should make it easier for those who have trouble at that part of the game and those who have low spec PCs where the gates close before you can get to them.

NOTE: This mod is incompatible with other mods that use the "stream_grid.asm_pc" file except the Interrupted Generator Fix V3 mod*.

Installation Instructions:
Extract the "m03_modal.str2_pc" and "stream_grid.asm_pc"* files into your SRIV installation folder at:

32-bit Windows -> C:\Program Files\steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\
OR
64-bit Windows -> C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\

*For those using version 3 of the Interrupted Generator Fix, please use the stream_grid.asm in the "ASM_PC for Use with Generator Fix V3" folder instead.

Change Log:
V2- Updated fix for recent patches that have changed the code.
- Removed alternative stream_grid.asm
- Note that this is a work in progress build as it seemed to work on my end but I am unable to test on low spec PCs. Please report if it works or not. //Does not work
V1.1
- Time to gate closure lengthened significantly
- Added alternative stream_grid.asm for use with Interupted Generator Fix
V1
- Time to gate closure lengthened

Attachments

• realworld_gates_v1_1.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 9,933
  • realworld_gates_v2[WIP].rar
    562.2 KB · Views: 5,720
Last edited by a moderator:
Not to detract from your mod.. but if someone is stuck on that part, simply lowering the game's display settings, including setting the resolution down to the minimum, may be enough to get you through that portion of the mission.

Not to detract from your mod.. but if someone is stuck on that part, simply lowering the game's display settings, including setting the resolution down to the minimum, may be enough to get you through that portion of the mission.

That's all good and well, but I have a friend that gets lag with SR4 on lowest settings and he can't afford a new graphics card. A mod like this would suit him well.

I know of a few people who have low framerates despite setting everything to the lowest. How the game is playable to them is beyond me though... Then again, I did finish the BF3 singleplayer at 8-18 fps...

That's all good and well, but I have a friend that gets lag with SR4 on lowest settings and he can't afford a new graphics card. A mod like this would suit him well.
Which is why I said lowering settings may be enough.
Again, I was not posting to say "this mod has no merit", only to inform that it may not be necessary for some people who are experiencing this issue.

I know of a few people who have low framerates despite setting everything to the lowest. How the game is playable to them is beyond me though... Then again, I did finish the BF3 singleplayer at 8-18 fps...
It's so sad.. my computard can run the game on Ultra with extremely low framerate and start to cook itself alive. On low (or my custom settings of very-freaking-low) the framerate is inconsistent, at best.
(I guess it's what I get for begging for a laptop without saying I'd like to be able to play games on it, though.)

Hi! Thanks so much for making this mod! I was able to get through the first set of gates with this (thank God), but when it came to the second set of gates, they suddenly started closing at the same frustratingly fast speed. I haven't modded the game before, I'm playing on the lowest possible settings with film grain off, and game's updated until the Aug. 30 update. What do I need to do? Thanks!

Hi! Thanks so much for making this mod! I was able to get through the first set of gates with this (thank God), but when it came to the second set of gates, they suddenly started closing at the same frustratingly fast speed. I haven't modded the game before, I'm playing on the lowest possible settings with film grain off, and game's updated until the Aug. 30 update. What do I need to do? Thanks!
Ilurk, this is the first I've heard with someone having this issue, are you running the Steam Version of the game?

Please go ahead and link your Steam account to your Forum account by following this link:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/account/steam

Back