Mission Replay v8

Some others that are missing are:
We've Only Just Begun (Cutscene)
Stop All The Downloading (Just found out it's a stronghold)
3 Count Beatdown (This one too)
Takeover the City (It just introduces buying stuff and gang operations, don't need it)

I got all 4 strongholds starting from the phone. Some of them need zone replacement to work properly though. Nothing we haven't already seen and fixed for the main numbered missions, so should (hopefully) be easy.

Strongholds
The Powder Room
Pimps Up, Hos Down
Stop All the Downloading
3 Count Beatdown

That'd require the ability to get the state of your world pre-mission (to restore it later), and so far there's no known way of doing that.
I see.

Well, doing some missions would alter the state of the world in a way that would have to force me to replay the happy ending everytime I want to leave everything as I had before replaying it.
I mean, replaying would become more trouble than it's worth in that case. But if there's no way to do it I guess I have to deal with it :p

I see.

Well, doing some missions would alter the state of the world in a way that would have to force me to replay the happy ending everytime I want to leave everything as I had before replaying it.
I mean, replaying would become more trouble than it's worth in that case. But if there's no way to do it I guess I have to deal with it :p

You wouldn't have to replay though. It loads everything during mission init after the cutscene and right before the fade in. If you cancel the mission after that then all the changes would hold.

I just got an idea, is there a way to duplicate the missions and alter them in a way that after each mission success, the gameworld will be set to the state it was before the mission was started? For example
Mission 06 could be called m06_2 and before starting, it sets the world stage to what it needs for that mission and then sets it back to what it was. That would save the trouble editing the original missions and the duplicated missions only work in single player, or if both have the same mod. Arent there any checks for a second player somewhere? We could use that to prevent the missions from beeing selected. Like this for example:
Code:
function
  if
    player 2 is found
  then
    lock mission replay
  else
    trigger mission replay
end
the above is just an example, not an actual code from the game.

Adding missions is something i have not tried yet. Anyway, if it's possible to detect the current game world state (and i believe that a variation of this idea is possible - just restore the game world to its state after the farthest mission the player has played after a replay) then there's no need to duplicate every mission to do it; it can be done right in the existing framework.

You wouldn't have to replay though. It loads everything during mission init after the cutscene and right before the fade in. If you cancel the mission after that then all the changes would hold.
That certainly would save me the trouble of having to replay Ganstas in Space all the time to remove lockdown, make people love the saints again, etc.

And even if I had to complete it, it's fine because I can deal with that just to have that Replay feature we all want, so keep up the fantastic work!

Adding missions is something i have not tried yet. Anyway, if it's possible to detect the current game world state (and i believe that a variation of this idea is possible - just restore the game world to its state after the farthest mission the player has played after a replay) then there's no need to duplicate every mission to do it; it can be done right in the existing framework.

This would be absolutely ideal. A separate menu based system to pick what world state you want in the open world, coupled with mission replay that does not permanently change state after playing. If only we could figure out a way to query and save all current world states for the player...

Back