Mission Replay v8

No, i expect that the remote player in a co-op game does not have any zone changes saved their file. I'm pretty sure they don't get mission progress.

It's worth noting that sr3_city.lua doesn't naturally do anything in the init or main functions. Those functions that change the state of the world have "coop_skip" in their names. They're called from internal code, and i don't know when.

They are called in mission success, directly in the missions they reference.

m06.lua
Code:
function m06_success()
    --[[ INSERT ANY MISSION SPECIFIC SUCCESS STUFF ]]--            
    if M06_trigger.disarm_bomb.hit then
        game_choice_set_state( MISSION_06_CHOICE, M06_CHOICE_BRANDED_TOWER )
    else
        game_choice_set_state( MISSION_06_CHOICE, M06_CHOICE_BLOWN_TOWER )
    end

local skip_teleport = true
    m06_coop_skip(skip_teleport) -- do the stuff we'd do in the skip case
end

You're right. The comments that say "-- do the stuff we'd do in the skip case" suggest to me that they may be called by the game engine at other times as well, specifically when (pure speculation) the remote player is being brought up-to-speed on the local player's world state. The fact that they're in a separate file lends that a bit more credibility.

They are not called when a saved game is loaded; i just checked that. Swapping the states of the tower and loading my saved game didn't alter the tower.

What i should do is get a co-op game going with somebody who has completed the game, but alter one of these co-op skip functions, and see if we wind up seeing the world differently. -- edit: I'll be trying this in a few minutes.

Well, the remote will always see whatever the host world is set to. The real question is if the remote player brings those changes back with him to single player.

Aaaand... it made no difference, whether i used my good save or a new character, they saw the tower the same way as the host.

So, what you want to know now is what happens to the remote player's save/autosave if they participate in one of those world-altering missions, save, and then load in single player, eh?

If someone wants to add me on Steam (Corrodias), we can try it. I've got saves backed up from right before just about every mission, including The Belgian Problem.

New build that should fix most of the mission bugs (needs testing!) See attached.

The replay mod also permanently changes world state. This will let players easily switch between the 8 different world states throughout the course of the game. i.e. You want drawbridges back down? Easy, just replay any mission earlier than 13.

Attachments

• mission_replay_zones_working.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 920
Updated sr3_city.lua (see attached)

Fixes an issue where the 2nd elevator in The Belgian Problem (m06) teleports you to the roof away from your homies.

Attachments

• sr3_city.lua
    39.2 KB · Views: 821
Could you make a version that doesn't change the state of the city when you're done Idol? I would really like if mission replay didn't mess with how the city looks after replaying a mission.

Thanks.

Could you make a version that doesn't change the state of the city when you're done Idol? I would really like if mission replay didn't mess with how the city looks after replaying a mission.

Thanks.

That'd require the ability to get the state of your world pre-mission (to restore it later), and so far there's no known way of doing that.

Luckz is correct. It's something that we all discussed to a great extant while working on it and trying to think of the best way to implement. If we can figure out how to query current zone state then we can easily provide the player with a dialog box on completion asking whether or not to keep or discard the replayed mission's world state.

For now though, this is the best possible way to have everything work correctly.

Back