Mesh importer for 3ds max

I've created a SR3 model importer for 3ds max 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 (x86 and x64 versions). It currently supports ccmesh_pc and rig_pc.

It does very little validation when importing, so it may crash (e.g. when using a rig with too few bones). If you are sure you did everything right and it crashes/produces unexpected results anyways, post the name of the file you tried to import and what happened. Certain mesh configurations are unhandled (more than one vertex stream, no vertex streams at all, a certain flag).

Requires the VC2012 CRT (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679).

While I compiled this for various versions of Max, I only tested the 2012 x64 built, so post results of the other versions.

Attached files contain the x86 and x64 builds for each version and the source for it.

Update 1:
Refactored importing code to correctly support multiple vertex streams per mesh and added basic car import support (all the car parts will be at origin instead of their correct initial positions).

Attachments

• SR3Import_2010.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • SR3Import_2011.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 862
  • SR3Import_2012.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,115
  • SR3Import_2013.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • SR3ImportSrc.zip
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:
Turns out I do have 2011 installed and just tested the plugin for it, it's working just fine. You sure you used the right one?

Just for curiosity. Can you export the Boss you've created?
Nope. This exporter only takes files within the game files themselves, so that only leaves NPCs, weapons, and some props. The boss's information is stored in the save file. I can't be certain of this without verifying it with a V, but I would think the save file information is used with morph targets on a base player mesh, so a baked separate boss file wouldn't exist.

Nope. This exporter only takes files within the game files themselves, so that only leaves NPCs, weapons, and some props. The boss's information is stored in the save file. I can't be certain of this without verifying it with a V, but I would think the save file information is used with morph targets on a base player mesh, so a baked separate boss file wouldn't exist.
I hope you can confirm this with V, as so many people keep asking for mods that make use of the players character and iv not been able to give them a straight anser :)

Back