Disable Bloodsucker DLC

Here's an updated version of the original that also removes all the respect and cash bonuses as well as restoring the neck snap. It will need testing and feedback since I don't personally own the Bloodsucker Pack (and never will since it was a terrible idea.) See attached.

Attachments

• SRTT_Disable_Bloodsucker_DLC_ALL_bonuses.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 954
It removed the bonuses that the DLC introduced, which is awesome, unfortunately these 6 bonuses still unlock automatically.
sUlzS.jpg

Regardless of wether you look into it or not, the effort you've put in so far is more than I could have hoped, and very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you certain that those are from bloodsucker? I could have sworn those were from normal story progression. If they are from the dlc it should be quite easy to disable them as well.

EDIT:
Well, fuck. I just checked my character and those are from normal story progression. It looks like the Bloodsucker dlc automatically activates them first in order to give the new #4. If I do remove them then you won't be able to purchase/earn them through the story, and it might even screw things up.

Hmm... I'll try and think of a different method to achieve it.

Yeah they are part of the original game, however the dlc forcibly unlocks them

After looking at the level 1-3 unlocks, their removal shouldn't affect mission progression at all. The player just won't be able to purchase the upgrades at level 1, 7, and 15. They aren't really a lot of money anyway, so shouldn't affect earning potential too much. See v2 attached.

Attachments

• SRTT_Disable_Bloodsucker_DLC_ALL_bonuses_v2.rar
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,230
Idolninja, thank you so much for this mod, I've been waiting ages for one that does this properly!

It kind of sucks that you had to remove the levels 1-3, would it be possible to put the original perks back in by modding in new perks with identical results?

It kind of sucks that you had to remove the levels 1-3, would it be possible to put the original perks back in by modding in new perks with identical results?

The problem with that approach is that adding in any new unlockable will cause problems with existing saves and can only be used with a new game. It's basically asking for trouble. The current method of removal is definitely a much better and safer way to do it. The design of the SRTT dlc framework is transparent and part of the exe, thus preventing us from editing exactly what and how they unlock by its very nature. This makes sense from a business standpoint, since it prevents people from enabling content that they didn't pay for.

I can understand the legal problem with making a mod identical to the DLC, and that savefiles would become invalidated.

Honestly, the best solution would be to go throttle the devs until they make the bloodsucker bonuses a fourth normal-behaving level that you'd need to unlock in-game after reaching the appropriate level. :)

Eh, I wasn't even considering legal issues. I was just talking about the trouble of introducing compatibility problems.

Back