Custom Radio Stations Guide

Exactly how are you two editing the metadata.txt files before repacking them and the <radio station>.xtbl file? Can you upload those to something like pastebin for me to see? Also, send me a screenshot of the exact command you run to package the files.

Hey I'm having a bit of trouble with making the radio_*_media.mbnk_pc. file

I tried running the packer in command prompt, but I get this message and I still see only one file

log.txt output.bnk_pc
log.txt is generated by bnk_pc_extractor, file filenames edited accordingly
only filename, id, dmav field are used in packing, the rest are recalculated
if packing dmav/wav combo files, the .dmav counterpart will be added
automatically

Help?

kickass667 said:
Hey I'm having a bit of trouble with making the radio_*_media.mbnk_pc. file

I tried running the packer in command prompt, but I get this message and I still see only one file

log.txt output.bnk_pc
log.txt is generated by bnk_pc_extractor, file filenames edited accordingly
only filename, id, dmav field are used in packing, the rest are recalculated
if packing dmav/wav combo files, the .dmav counterpart will be added
automatically

Help?
You have to run the command with two arguments, like this:

Code:
bnk_pc_packer metadata.txt output.bnk_pc

Ok so I tried dragging the packer into the command prompt along with the metafile along with output.bnk_pc

I got this

entry count miss-match: expected 1, got 0

I just want to note that I am also replacing the adult swim radio station and I put the packer, radio_swim_media.txt and the bnk file in a folder called test, you think that may be my problem?

kickass667 said:
Ok so I tried dragging the packer into the command prompt along with the metafile along with output.bnk_pc

I got this

entry count miss-match: expected 1, got 0

I just want to note that I am also replacing the adult swim radio station and I put the packer, radio_swim_media.txt and the bnk file in a folder called test, you think that may be my problem?
Upload your new metadata.txt file for me to look at. (use pastebin.com or something)

ertre said:
I think you forgot some stuff or something, because it just doesn't work.
I followed the steps to the letter (except I used the k12 station), but in-game there is nothing but silence.
Yeah, only the intro, outro, and commcials works.

For whatever reason, you need to pack the radio_*_media.mbnk_pc and radio_*_media.bnk_pc back into soundboot.vpp_pc and sounds_common.vpp_pc for it to work. o_O

It's not that hard to use the bnk_pc_packer.exe. You just need to punch in the right command.

Ex:

Code:
bnk_pc_packer radio_k12_media.txt radio_k12_media_00000.wav radio_k12_media_00002.wav ... radio_k12_media.bnk_pc

24wagiq.jpg

Toad King said:
Exactly how are you two editing the metadata.txt files before repacking them and the <radio station>.xtbl file? Can you upload those to something like pastebin for me to see? Also, send me a screenshot of the exact command you run to package the files.

Here's my metadata:
http://pastebin.com/uf5czXx4

And the xbtl:
http://pastebin.com/NeEYpM2D
It's the unedited one I used when I only replace one song.

And the command I used was:
D:\k12>bnk_pc_packer radio_k12_media.txt radio_k12_media.bnk_pc

Arc_Angel said:
Yeah, only the intro, outro, and commcials works.

For whatever reason, you need to pack the radio_*_media.mbnk_pc and radio_*_media.bnk_pc back into soundboot.vpp_pc and sounds_common.vpp_pc for it to work. o_O

It's not that hard to use the bnk_pc_packer.exe. You just need to punch in the right command.

Ex:

Code:
bnk_pc_packer radio_k12_media.txt radio_k12_media_00000.wav radio_k12_media_00002.wav ... radio_k12_media.bnk_pc

Then what I said that some stuff was forgotten was true, if that's the case.
And the command you posted doesn't work, it gives the same message as kickass667.

ertre said:
Then what I said that some stuff was forgotten was true, if that's the case.
And the command you posted doesn't work, it gives the same message as kickass667.
I personally wouldn't edit the metdata file and leave it alone and keep the WAV files as radio_*_media_00000.wav radio_*_media_00001.wav ... etc. format. Less headache that way. :cool:

ertre said:
And the command I used was:
D:\k12>bnk_pc_packer radio_k12_media.txt radio_k12_media.bnk_pc

edit: You need to drag and drop every *.wav files in the bnk_pc_packer for it to work.

Back