Where will Saints Row go next?

As for the different era's idea that in itself would be extremely hard to pull off. You would have to code and design different vehicles and vehicle variants for each era, some customization options might exist in one era and not the other, some weapons might be locked out because the technology wasn't available at the time and the biggest elephant in the room would be the various open world locations, npc's and different notoriety systems. Now sure Timesplitters could pull it off but open world games tend to be a bit harder to pull off with finesse then say your typical FPS. However if they do continue down the "wacky, dadaist, sci-fi" route than I would have to agree that the "New World" idea would be the best fit. Maybe this new world could actually be another Earth (as in same history, human population etc) albeit with more advanced technology (think somewhere in between Deus Ex and I-Robot).

Last edited:
Reading the "Letter to Santa", it seems Kinzie really wants to prevent Zinyak from coming. Seems like they are going to do it, but that doesn't mean the whole game would be "defeat zinyak 2.0". The beginning of the game could be just where we defeat Zinyak, just like in IV with Cyrus.

As for the different era's idea that in itself would be extremely hard to pull off. You would have to code and design different vehicles and vehicle variants for each era, some customization options might exist in one era and not the other, some weapons might be locked out because the technology wasn't available at the time

What do you take them for? Rockstar? Dude, its Volition. They'll let Boss and Gat use 50mm gatling guns on Julius Caesar in 44BC Rome, if they want. One push of a button by Kinzie and an army of SR-71 Blackbirds spearheaded by Boss and the crew would be bombing T-Rexs off the face of earth. Such is the the beauty of this series.

I gotta admit they nearly got me there for a minute when I chose the retcon ending and watched the cutscene which followed. One hell of a move there to make your players emotional in the blink of an eye, Volition. Gotta say goodbye, eh?

Last edited:
As for the different era's idea that in itself would be extremely hard to pull off. You would have to code and design different vehicles and vehicle variants for each era, some customization options might exist in one era and not the other, some weapons might be locked out because the technology wasn't available at the time and the biggest elephant in the room would be the various open world locations, npc's and different notoriety systems. Now sure Timesplitters could pull it off but open world games tend to be a bit harder to pull off with finesse then say your typical FPS. However if they do continue down the "wacky, dadaist, sci-fi" route than I would have to agree that the "New World" idea would be the best fit. Maybe this new world could actually be another Earth (as in same history, human population etc) albeit with more advanced technology (think somewhere in between Deus Ex and I-Robot).
well i think an interesting approach would be having the computer in pierces room let you play in different times, and maybe it could be designed in a way that you get loyalty missions for historical figures and make them homies in game since zinyak has the pods like we see jane austen in that rehabilitate the people. as well the saints wouldnt give a fuck about correct tech in different times. gat and the boss would be killing cavemen with shotguns, nuking the dinosaurs, beating kings to death with dildos, the possibilities are endless. plus kinzie could probably find a way to send vehicles back in time soooo yeah

well i think an interesting approach would be having the computer in pierces room let you play in different times, and maybe it could be designed in a way that you get loyalty missions for historical figures and make them homies in game since zinyak has the pods like we see jane austen in that rehabilitate the people. as well the saints wouldnt give a fuck about correct tech in different times. gat and the boss would be killing cavemen with shotguns, nuking the dinosaurs, beating kings to death with dildos, the possibilities are endless. plus kinzie could probably find a way to send vehicles back in time soooo yeah
That would be awesome! And now I have an image of the Boss and Johnny Gat blowing up the iceberg before the Titanic hit it, then painting their symbol on the Crow's nest. xD

If they go back in time and they are still under one universe, if they f*ck up histories, then that means the future will change too.

Then the Saints would disappear at the end of the game. And that'd be the end of Saints Row series... :confused:

If they go back in time and they are still under one universe, if they f*ck up histories, then that means the future will change too.

Then the Saints would disappear at the end of the game. And that'd be the end of Saints Row series... :confused:
I don't think so, they will do researches before risking this. At least Kinzie and Matt (and Shaundi has a lot of common sense too).

I have a way around that! Kenzie and Matt could come up with events that would prevent things from happening that are vital to history staying the same. Kenzie could tell boss before they go in to nazi Germany "just make sure you don't blow up the reichstag, a car with a liscense plate that says (insert numbers and letters) and make sure you don't kill (names). Otherwise, go nuts." So now we have free reign in. Time zones and if we fuck a thing up, the game will just tell you that you've done something to fuck up time and tell u to do blank to fix it. Plus maybe if enough control is taken of a certain time period, we can start our own sects of the saints in different times, that you can then bring to the present. For instance: got an alien shoutout, call al capone's goons, got a hole bunch of luchadors on your hands? Call in some purple clad gladiators, this can go on and on.

:D I actually want tid-bit history changer like:

"Destroy the country barriers so Hilts can escape the Nazi"

"Protect Hendley while he's looking for another plane"

"Catch up with Macdonald and Bartlett and drive them to the border"

It's so annoying in The Great Escape, they're captured again. lol..

:D I actually want tid-bit history changer like:

"Destroy the country barriers so Hilts can escape the Nazi"

"Protect Hendley while he's looking for another plane"

"Catch up with Macdonald and Bartlett and drive them to the border"

It's so annoying in The Great Escape, they're captured again. lol..
maybe we can go back and kill killbane as your past self saves shaundi? that would be cool

Back