Custom Radio Stations Guide

I'd like to import my Royalty Free Music into the game but, to my discontent it seems I do not have "radio_*_media.bnk_pc" I seem to have a bunch of .vpp_pc files instead.
I think this part has what you're after:
1. Use gibbed's tools to extract the following files from your SR3 install. All files should be in <your steam folder>/steamapps/common/saints row the third/packfiles/pc/cache:
* misc_tables.vpp_pc
* sounds_common.vpp_pc
* soundboot.vpp_pc
soundboot.vpp_pc must be extracted to its own folder, but I recommend you extract them all to separate folders so you don't get confused later on.

2. Where you extracted sounds_common.vpp_pc, find the media file for your radio station you wish to edit. The filename should be in the format "radio_*_media.bnk_pc". Make sure it has "_media" in it, or else the next step won't work.

Hey guys, i'm having the same issue kickass667 was having back on Page 3, I did not edit anything before the filename input in the .txt file so i'm extremely confused to what my error might be.

So I replaced most of "The Mix" with my favorite songs from SR2 and SRIV, and it works fine, except for this:
note that the previews will be of the old songs
So, does anyone know where the preview songs are so I can replace those too?

[EDIT] Found them, in Interface_media.bnk_bc, under Sounds_common.vpp_pc... now just gotta find which is which

Last edited:
I tried to do follow the steps but I seem to be stuck at the second step. Which of the tools am I supposed to extract with? I tried both bnk and gibbed but they quit on me every time I try.

On a lesser note, if I wanted to release a my own custom radio mod with copyrighted music, would I be violating any laws? I am curious.

On a lesser note, if I wanted to release a my own custom radio mod with copyrighted music, would I be violating any laws? I am curious.

I can't speak to actual law, but releasing copyrighted anything is against the forum rules.

Thanks to all of you nice and helpful people here that contributed to the making and further understanding of modding audio files for SRTT.:cool:

Does anyone know the names ( or code number ID ) of the songs that play in the stores,
specifically Leather & Lace, Rusty's Needles and the strip club Technically Legal ?

If so, then is it possible to put these tunes into the mixed tape audio ?

Does anyone know where these audio files are located ?

Has anyone here sucessfully extracted them ?

Thank you.:D

Last edited:
Back