What is the reason for the design decision to use Gat and Kinzie as the protagonists?

I have a feeling that the Heavy Pistol from Saints Row IV is going to be in this game too. I saw Gat holding it (or a different weapon with a similar look) in the trailer from the looks of it before he shot the Devil in the face.

Why forcing players to play as GAT and Kinzie in new DLC and not your own SR4 custom character ?? Thing which makes SR different and unique compared to GTA and other urban open world games is playing as your own character and now they are forcing us to play a generic preset character? WTF?

Because they're both Mary Sues of ridiculous proportions.

If it is overpriced(Like $40~50), probably wont buy it. I'm one of the 'few' who want some more SDK tools released. In my case, for adding(like DLC cars) and modding(Like sounds, meshes, etc).

If it is overpriced(Like $40~50), probably wont buy it. I'm one of the 'few' who want some more SDK tools released. In my case, for adding(like DLC cars) and modding(Like sounds, meshes, etc).
It's $19.99.

Tools are also in the process of being released, but slowly since they are being worked on in the [V]dev guys' spare time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they're both Mary Sues of ridiculous proportions.
Kinzie isn't a mary sue
Gat has occasionally some sueish traits, because sometimes the steal the scene (example other characters telling just how awesome he is)

Nah she is. She's practically the co-protagonist of SR4, always right, always the one with the solutions, has no real flaws, etc. Now she's the co-protagonist of the expansion. Gat wasn't too bad in the first two games, then it became ridiculous in IV, probably because Volition felt they had to compensate for taking him out of 3.

Gat was fine in saints Row 2. Boss's best friend and an important member of the Saints, but he had his space. I hope in Saints Row 5, Gat will have only the space he needs, and nothing more.

Gat was fine in saints Row 2. Boss's best friend and an important member of the Saints, but he had his space. I hope in Saints Row 5, Gat will have only the space he needs, and nothing more.

I find Gat only assisting against the Vice Kings and Ronin (due to being captured and gaining serious injuries) made his role seem quite shortened. I mean, even Troy, Dex, Pierce and Shaundi actually had bigger parts as the games went on in the first two, and with Gat being removed in The Third. I do think that Gat deserves at least a bigger role in the future. After all, he is still the Saints Row badass.

Ah finally! I though i'm the only one who just not so much respect Gat here. When he (presumably) died in SR4, everybody like "He was like my bro" and i'm just like, what's the big deal? In my opinion (i repeat, MY OPINION. You anti-critics!) he's just a poor stereotype of "cool" guy from early 00's. They try so hard to make him likable but for me his character just doesn't lived for today's standard nor was he back then.
But i definitely looking forward for Kinzie. In fact, I will forgive Volition for removing our custom playable character only if they allow us to change her wardrobe.

I will forgive Volition for removing our custom playable character only if they allow us to change her wardrobe.

Then you won't be forgiving us. There is no customization of any kind in Gat out of Hell.

Back