Spawn Edit Questions

Okay so some spawns are really annoying me and I want to edit them. I just found out how to mod saints row last night so I am very new. Hopefully these questions don't come up too frequently but if they do, sorry in advance. . .

What does day/night cap mean in the xtbl code? I have a guess what it means but I want confirmation. . .
What do I put in the item carry slot if I want an NPC to carry an rpg?
Why is there more than one entry for a given npc?
What does 100 spawn chance mean? I tried to find Genki after an update and couldn't, then when I stopped looking he was practically everywhere and according to the game files it says he spawns 100 now.
Is it bad to put a number in spawn chance that is above 100?

DayCap is how many NPCs spawn at once during daytime.
NightCap, same as DayCap, but then during nighttime.
If you want NPCs to carry RPGs, you have to add that in the weapon loadouts in spawn_info_ranks.xtbl.
I suppose alts.
SpawnChance of 100 means that it will definitely spawn, that is, is the total chance is 100. If you have another group, say Genki with a SpawnChance of say... 20, then the total chance is 120, so the chance that NPC group spawns will be 100/120, so, 5 out of 6 NPCs will spawn as Genki. Hypothetically...
It's fine if you want to put a spawn chance of above 100, but the game will weigh spawns out in different numbers then.

So... most of the things you're asking here are about spawn_info_categories.xtbl.
That file spawns NPC groups in different neighborhoods, and you're free to add existing groups in every neighborhood and change the chance, cap, etc, of each.

Also, before I forget, welcome to the mythical, almighty world of Saints Row modding.

Back