What is the reason for the design decision to use Gat and Kinzie as the protagonists?

Why forcing players to play as GAT and Kinzie in new DLC and not your own SR4 custom character ?? Thing which makes SR different and unique compared to GTA and other urban open world games is playing as your own character and now they are forcing us to play a generic preset character? WTF?

And i hate GAT , he is annoying in my opinion..He tries to be all badass all the time and just talks about murdering people nothing else..Kinzie is better but still annoying and i don't want to play as her in my game :|..

I want my own character :(

I will wait for reviews and if reviews are around 8.5 or higher only then i will buy it now :(

P.S - Please Volition move to nextgen now...Leave your ugly and buggy lastgen engine and give us new nextgen open world SR game on new engine tech..

One more thing - Please release your entire toolkit for modding not just weapons SDK....Just look at Skyrim modding community, it's GODLIKE ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your posts in 2 other threads on the same subject. I've edited the thread title to be more descriptive.

The answer is "because it sounds like fun" or "that's the story we want to do for this expansion".

They can't just throw their tools out to the public because they won't work without modifications, which are what they're working on.

So, they are making toolkit modding friendly right now?...They promised this years ago but nd still havn't released it yet :( ..I so want modders to create new missions and areas in SR universe....A complete overhaul of SR 3 and 4 like Skyrim :D

They are modifying some of their tools to work independent of their internal infrastructure, some need UIs added, and likely most important; to remove third party code/tools that they license and can not be redistributed.
Be patient, complaining in multiple threads here won't make it happen any faster than it already is.

Why forcing players to play as GAT and Kinzie in new DLC and not your own SR4 custom character ?? Thing which makes SR different and unique compared to GTA and other urban open world games is playing as your own character and now they are forcing us to play a generic preset character? WTF?

And i hate GAT , he is annoying in my opinion..He tries to be all badass all the time and just talks about murdering people nothing else..Kinzie is better but still annoying and i don't want to play as her in my game :|..

I want my own character :(

I will wait for reviews and if reviews are around 8.5 or higher only then i will buy it now :(

P.S - Please Volition move to nextgen now...Leave your ugly and buggy lastgen engine and give us new nextgen open world SR game on new engine tech..
I totally agree. If I can't play as my own character I won't buy it.

If I'm going to Hell I can think of NO ONE better qualified to piss off the Devil than Johnny.
In SR3 when Johnny "died" he would have gone to Hell anyway,so this is something I can see happening as a dream sequence he has while adapting to the events in SR4...OR it could even be what Zinyak put him through after his "rescue" and subsequent imprisonment until we got him back.
I can only assume that Kinzie is getting face time since she's usually just the resident computer nerd/quest giver... I can deal with it.
As long as they don't turn around and slap an SR5 tag on it or make me buy a PS4 (too expensive), I'm good..... DON'T take DLC and call it a complete game....that only works on me once...ONCE.

I totally agree. If I can't play as my own character I won't buy it.
Yeah. It sounds fun as game, but I will miss my own character greatly.
I would have no problem with Kinzie (I like this character), but Johnny? Sorry but no way (3 stages are fine, but the whole game without the Boss? :(

You know I asked myself the same question about why Kenzie don't get me wrong like her character and all but she's never seemed like the type to get her hands dirty in a fight like the other members. I would expect maybe Shaundi to be more the type to get her hands dirty like Gat plus there's more history with Shaundi and the Boss then there is with Kenzie.

I like it, make a nice change, all other games surround the Boss's life, it's nice that we can play as Gat and Kinzie, and how the hell do you not like Gat?! You're not a true Saint's fan if you say that. And the Devs are not going to listen to you, they will release what they want on their own accord. They will release more toolkits when they are ready to be out. The weapon SDK was the first.

Back