Saints Row The Third Modding Basics

Hi Idol. Im new to modding and basically i want to be able to modify the Boss's physical appearance, so basically the models or texture (not too sure). Can you possibly tell me which .vpp_pc file it is that contains the models/textures, and if possible any hintsyou could give me? I have modded others games before, so i sort of know my way around these files, but never of a game as large as SRTT. Thanks mate :).

Ah nevermind on the above post, i found the file, but hints would be appreciated. And also I'm not sure how to open .cvbm_pc and .gvbm_pc files and modify them. Could you help me out here please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so hard to have multiple mods? Or is just my fault for trying to do 13 mods at once? 0_0 I used Winmerge to merge all the xtbls, and I used gibbeds tools to update the asm, which I think I did properly, but when I loaded it up, it appeared fine, but sandbox + had stopped working and when I pressed E in my crib it crashed. :( What must I do to get Big Plane handling, Bloodshed mod, sandbox +, mission replay v8, delete reward cars, disable tuts, extra taunts, excessive mod, fast and mad, genki spawns increased, panda skydiving physics, perma daedelus, rare cars cheats and tank radios to play nicely?

Re-Extract them?

hey i accidentally turned all of the xtbl files into notepad files and i dont know how to turn them back help please

You probably just setup an association with Notepad so they have that icon. This doesn't change the format in any way other than being able to double click and open them in Notepad, which is fine.

I'm trying to make a mod that makes the fourth level of resistance have 90% of protection instead of the usual invincibility. Any clues on how I do that?

Sorry if my english is bad.

I extracted interface.vpp_pc and edited the DDS file found in ui_bms_credits.cvbm_pc (not touching the ui_bms_credits.str2_pc file also found in the .vpp_pc). I packed the DDS back into a .cvbm_pc, but I'm not sure how to update the ASM. I tried messing with the code snippet you gave but I'm not having any luck with it.

I need help:
I extracted file m01_modal.str2_pc from sr3_city_0.vpp_pc but when I begin extracting m01_modal.str2_pc because I need file (m01.lua) the Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackSTR2.exe give me the error at the end:
Capture.JPG

But I ignored this error and I take file m01.lua from extracted folder and then I edit m01.lua and now I'm worry because:
Question one: need I update ASM file for edited m01.lua and where I can find correct asm for m01.lua.
Question two: How can I do repack with my m01.lua if before I extracted m01_modal.str2_pc with pop up error? Because if I do repack how I can be sure that all files that I extracted from m01_modal.str2_pc are ok?
Please help me.
P.S. (Question one) maybe stream_grid.asm_pc?

Last edited:
Back