SRV Confirmed + New great info!

I would love to see Volition/Deep Silver embrace the modding community upfront instead of after the fact. It would be cool if they released clothing item templates (and other modding tools) for SRV before the game comes out. That way modders can get a head start and have things ready to go when the game releases.

I would love if they made things like a revolver and pistol as seperate weapons again. I loved weapon customization in SRIV and they really should keep the different skins for weapons such as different camos or patterns. But I didn't like that for example the Mercenary LMG with its big magazine and ammo chain had the same magazine size as the Shokolov AR.

I would love to see Volition/Deep Silver embrace the modding community upfront instead of after the fact. It would be cool if they released clothing item templates (and other modding tools) for SRV before the game comes out. That way modders can get a head start and have things ready to go when the game releases.
This never happens, for any mod supported game. Bethesda has likely the best mod community support of all the modable games out there, and their community tool sets are usually a couple months to a year after release.
During development, the team just doesn't have the time or resources to worry about community tools, especially if the team is in crunch time. That's why the toolset is always after the fact, that and they need to remove some of the tool features that are licensed from third party developers.

In that case, how about the ability to travel between Stilwater and Steelport and explore both cities fully?

True. There are a lot of things that SR3 didn't have (I miss the separate belt and outerwear customization options). And there was nothing like breaking up the killing sprees for a little run though the Mourningwood Sex Cave. Oh well, maybe SR5 would have golfing as a GTA reference

You forgot "I want my family back!"

Actually, I did forget that he wanted a bigger office.
And I would love to be able to go between Stilwater and Steelport. Both cities could use more interior spaces, but still.

This would actually be a great use for both airports. To traverse between the two, you would have to fly a fixed-wing aircraft to a spot over the water.
Or, you know, they could just rebuild the Hughes memorial bridge and you could drive....

And while I loved walking through the areas of Stilwater like the cave, or the mall, imagine going though those places on a jet cycle!

that would be really cool. Make it part of the Initiation Station, too. Instead of it just being the creation suite, they could also put in a simple room that allows us to run around and see our character in motion (something that should be in the demo proper anyway) and provide access to the majority of the clothing, weapons, and vehicles for the purpose of testing mods.

Then once the full game comes out, you can just port the files over.

In that case, how about the ability to travel between Stilwater and Steelport and explore both cities fully?

I'd doubt they would implement that unfortunately. But, if it came down to it, I really really hope, for the next game, we are not in Steelport. That city is way to bland/lifeless for a OG SR fan like myself. For the new game I PRAY that they either go back to Stillwater, and their roots there, or, make a BRAND-NEW city all new, all in everything. Think of the options they would be able to work with, with the all new next-generation technology of Video Gaming. Think about that, we could all pitch in ideas if they are creating a new map, and from that, Volition would then choose the ideas they think would be best for the new game. Imagine that though, think of all the new interiors of many many unique buildings/structures of this new map. It would truly satisfy the community, or they could just go back to Stillwater which would be awesome as well. Unfortunately, I am highly doubting either of my hopes due to the fact that I think they will just simply stick to Steelport once again. :'(

Back