SRV Confirmed + New great info!

That would be weird in that situation
You sit in a bar and suddenly some paramilitary force storms the bar shooting and shouting and then you get the choice screen with the boss sitting there for 5 seconds considering his next action while bullets riddle the walls and furniture.

That would be weird in that situation
You sit in a bar and suddenly some paramilitary force storms the bar shooting and shouting and then you get the choice screen with the boss sitting there for 5 seconds considering his next action while bullets riddle the walls and furniture.
Make that part slow-motion?

No, you simply have one second to respond. It flashes up for a second where you, just like the boss would in that situation, have to decide what to do. Do nothing, you get hurt and someone dies, do something good and get hurt but save an innocent bystander, or do the "smart" thing and sacrifice someone you don't know and you will be 100%. Sure, perhaps you could make it slowmotion to give you some extra time to decide. But most people already know what they want when they play, so you don't really have to think about it.

What they could also do is change those choises automatically based on a "Good/Bad" meter. But that would be a bit more boring. It would be more fun to always have choises like those. Just show some prompt during a cutscene, and you can decide if you do something bad or good or neutral. On some occasions, you can only do something bad, or only something good (And neutral of course if you don't press the button) and on some points you can choose either. It's just like in Mass Effect 2. They don't need to do it to often, but with situations like I described a few posts earlier it could be more fun.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Saints Row Tactics, a turn-based, tactical RPG game with tiles and an isometric view.

(this is a joke)
Didn't they make a Facebook game like that?

I'm sure Volition will do as much as they can. And I understand if they can't make a beautiful looking game AND add so much content. Even with next-gen. Most next gen games I played so far were pretending to be big open world, but they're not. They are just really slow paced. Perhaps GTA V. That game had a truely big city with loads of veriety. But then again, San Andreas was also a huge city. So either Volition will make a beautiful new or adjusted engine that allows a large, living city and tons of content that will keep you busy for +/- 70 to 80 hours and has a high replayabillity rating. Or it will (probably) go like one of the following 2 options:
1. You get a beautiful game, but a smaller city. They do what Watch_Dogs did and let you do most things on foot so the city feels big, but you have half of the activities you had in the other SR games, less costumisation, less or no choises, but hopefully a long story that is fun to play through and still keeps you busy for about 20 to 30 hours if you want to complete everything.
2. They make a less beautiful game, bit outdated graphics, but a huge, living city a la Stillwater with lots of content, more activities, racing, costumisation options, clothes, player choises (Although they probably should try to make one ending you can influence, but the outcome is still generally the same for the next SR game. Don't make the choise between "save Shaundi and let Pierce die or the other way around" while in the next SR both are alive again.) but you can influance the ending still. MAke it more easy because of things you did, or harder, have different ways to achieve that ending because of choises, that sort of things. BUT because of ALL that content, the game won't LOOK as a next gen game, but more like a more pretty version of SR:IV.

Personally I hope for option 2 (if they can't combine both of course.) I'd rather have a SR game that still looks nice enough but has a lot of fun to be had in the game itself. SR2 was also outdated, and still one of the most fun games I ever played. Everthing in that game felt great (except the scene where ultor soldiers raided a bar and the boss pulled the waitress onto the bar as a human shield. That broke immersion for me. I tried to play the game semi-good as much as the game allowed it. Shooting cops in the knees and such. xD )

But yeah, that is my personal opinion. I just wish they gave more information about it.

You're absolutely right. There are endless possibilities Volition could go with for the next instalment in the series. There's only one thing to do now, wait. Wait and see what they have to offer and then we can be the judge of the decision they make. I honestly pray it goes back to an outstanding alive world with so much variety and such, everything that made the first two Sains Row's successful. They could even add aome aspect from The Third and IV cause those two games still had a few good things about that games don't get me wrong! I'm getting my hopes up and that's never a good thing because it just leads to speculations then that leads to some pretty big disappointments at times. I'm just hopeful you know?

xD Well, I mean, I don't use civilians as shields anyway, only the gangs/aliens. But that SR2 things happened in a cutscene, so you didn't have a choise at all. I would love those choises to be present in cutscenes. Yes, just like in Mass Effect 2. You get a "renegade" prompt or a "Paragon" prompt. Let's call it.. er.. "Gangster" for Renegade and "Saint" for Paragon. So then you have three options. I'll use that cutscene from SR2 as an example:

The boss is drinking a beer, the ultor soldiers raid the bar and start shooting. You see the boss looking at the waitress. You get a Gangster prompt (Press the shoot button) and the boss pulls the waitress onto the bar and dives behind her while the waitress is shot several times and killed, but you start that level with 100% health. You get the Saint prompt (press the aim button) and the boss dives behind the bar with the waitress, but gets hit, so you start with 60% health. Or you don't press any button and the boss dives behind the bar, leaving the waitress to her face. The boss does get hit slightly, but survives while the waitress is also hit and falls down, but is alive, though probably not for long. You start the level with 80% health.

Those sorts of things would be awesome. And I'm not really saying I want more QTE, because those suck. But using those Gangster and Saint prompts would make the action filled cutscenes slightly more interesting and intense.

So, Volition employees, if you happen to roam the forums here, perhaps a fun idea? xD

That would be awesome dude! Thinking of doing that cutscenes knowing the choices and in that split second it's good or evil or in your case, "Gangster", and/or "Saint". Unfortunately though, I seriously doubt and I mean seriously doubt, I'm almost 99% sure they won't add this idea let alone see this idea, which sucks. I would love to see this and it would defiantly add an emmence amount of replay value to missions and cutscenes and such. Anyways, I really hope Volition sees this awesome idea!

Total Control was more like a strategy game I think.

I've looked, but never have had success. Have you played this game? And if so, is it any good? (Just a nit-pick question here)

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Saints Row Tactics, a turn-based, tactical RPG game with tiles and an isometric view.

(this is a joke)

Lol, they should totally make that game for smart devices. xD And let you use that game for a second screen for SR5! Manage your city through your own smartphone, even listen to messages on your smartphone. xD

I've looked, but never have had success. Have you played this game? And if so, is it any good? (Just a nit-pick question here)
That's because it was only on Facebook for a while and removed prior to the release of Saints Row: the Third

200 + 100 = 300
SR5 confirmed
Saints Row 5... Five... Five minus two equals three... Half-Life 3 confirmed!

I haven't played this game, but from what I saw on the saintsrow wiki it most likely was some kinds of strategy game where you clicked on the enemy to kill them and then clicked on buildings to take them over, this is just speculation though.

Back