Is there a way to skip missions (specifically Road Rage) in SR2/GotR?

So I've been having trouble with Road Rage due to the fact that I am terrible at driving and shooting at the same time in SR2 - I'm completely fine in SR3/4 but this one is just impossible for me.

I also have a good amount of lag due to my computer not being top of the line.

However, with other driving missions I could get around the problem by cheating myself a rocket launcher and just using that, but the bikes are too fast and don't circle so there's no way for me to use that method.

I've tried running them down with a fully upgraded Bulldog and I've also tried chasing them down in a Tornado, but they always get to the end before I can get them all down due to my lag.

Is there any way that I can just auto complete the mission? I hate that this one mission is making it impossible for me to complete the game. Obviously I don't really care that much about the integrity of my save file as I've already cheated, but I just want to be able to experience the story. I think I can skip a mission of gunning down guys on motorcycles. I also don't want to buy a controller for one mission, if I can help it.

Thank you!

I'd be interested in a solution to this problem as well (sorry for bringing up an old post, but it was never answered as far as I can see), as this mission is a bane to my existence in SR 2

I modified that mission script to automatically complete the mission right after the fade in. Download the attached script and put it here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Then, rebuild new patch files with GotR and it should work. Let me know either way please, and I'll add it as an official option in the next release.

Attachments

• rn03.lua
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,703
I modified that mission script to automatically complete the mission right after the fade in. Download the attached script and put it here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Then, rebuild new patch files with GotR and it should work. Let me know either way please, and I'll add it as an official option in the next release.

I can confirm that this works, as right after the opening cutscene and the screen faded in to where I was on the bike, the mission ending cutscene started, and I got the mission completed screen.

so you just build the patch with the file rn03.lua in this folder? ..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

so you just build the patch with the file rn03.lua in this folder? ..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Yes.

thx

dose not work

Back