I want to import custom models

i have been experimenting with some software called meshlab. while doing so, i noticed you could change the file extension with "export mesh as". upon seeing this i attemped to create a ccmesh_pc file format of an ezio auditore de firenze model. it turns out that ccmesh_pc is not a supported file type, however it appears there is a way to develop plugins for it. i have no idea how to do this, so i came here to ask for someone out there, reading this to attempt it for the saints row modding community. if anyone develops such a plugin for meshlab, please post a file for it back here, so we may know of it.
thanks for reading.
-biotear
EDIT:link to website on how to create plugins for meshlab
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/meshlab/index.php?title=Compiling

Last edited:
I've altered the thread title to be a little less sensationalist. Naming a file with a certain name is, as you learned, not the same thing as saving it in the correct format. You can simply rename any file to end with .ccmesh_pc; we're no closer to having model editing capabilities than before.

When the SDK tools are released, we're hoping mesh importing/exporting will be part of them. It's not that I really want to dampen your enthusiasm, here, but the reason nobody has made such a plugin yet is that we don't really understand the format.

oh okay thanks for letting me know.
EDIT:forgot to ask, if i created a model and saved it as ccmesh_pc, would it work?

Last edited:
Back