Steelport as an independent city-state? <spoiler>

Assuming that Kill Killbane ending is canonical to Saints Row plot, let's ask a question.
SPOILER: The last cutscene shows the Protagonist getting to a news programme on TV and declaring Steelport a city-state with Pierce as its new mayor. /SPOILER
In real life, there are several city-states as well: Singapore, Vatican City, Monaco.
My wonder is, would you like to see a country within a city of Steelport with its flag, coat of arms, anthem (Kayne West - Power, lol), armed forces etc.?
We have already known that Saints Row series is more over-the-top than GTA games. Ruling a city-state would be a new quality in sandbox gaming.
Plus, we have a fleet of helicopters (Vulture, Tornado) and armed vehicles (Special Ops DLC) with Saints livery.

I think it's safe to assume that the rescue ending was canonical, considering that Shaundi and Viola are both very much alive in the promotional art. Plus, the synopsis states that you are the actual President of the USA, so Steelport was definitely not a city-state like the Killbane ending wound up.

Still a bit odd. I mean, why put in an ending that would kill Shaundi and Viola if they were planning on putting them back in the next game ( Back then DLC )? Unless the intro would change. When you would start Enter the Dominatrix ( Now SR: IV ) and you choose to kill Killbane, then Shaundi and Viola would have escaped on their own with the Mayor and would be rather pissed at the Boss at the beginning of SR: IV but forgiving, knowing what kind of person the Boss is, or the Boss would simply say "Listen, sweety. I had all faith that you would escape, or else I would've come for you two. But since you are both here, I was right and my trust wasn't missplaced." in wich Shaundi would open her mouth to retort, then let the sweet manipulating words of the Boss sink in and go like "Yeah." and all would be fine again. Geez, I do hope that would be the case. =P And I do hope that Johnny will be alive and kicking in the virtual world and perhaps become a very advanced AI program that serves as a virtual mission giver or something. xD He must return! ( And not as a brain dead zombie or Brute... )

Actually, Steve Jaros confirmed that was not Viola in the promo art, so all bets are off.

Uh oh. I like Viola. >.> Well, I like Sasha Grey. Did I say that out loud..? Oh no, wait.. It's text. Phew. xD

I do hope they bring Viola back, along with Shaundi. though.. After SR: TT, I wouldn't really miss Shaundi...

Though if they do bring Shaundi back, they deffinately need Eliza Dushku as voice actress again. =) I wonder who's voices will be SR: IV.

The Shaundi voice actor from SRTT confirmed that she will be returning for SR4 via twitter. It's not Eliza. :(

Ah well... I hope the voice actress of Female Boss 1 will stay. The SR 2 voice actress was cool as well, but I've gotten used to the SR: TT one. :p

Ah well... I hope the voice actress of Female Boss 1 will stay. The SR 2 voice actress was cool as well, but I've gotten used to the SR: TT one. :p

You're in luck. A goon attended and posted in the SA SR4 thread that Laura Bailey is returning as female voice 1.

Back