Sandbox+ for SRTT

As new updates are released, more and more modders are helping to add features and fixes:
IdolNinja - initial and ongoing Sandbox+ development and maintenance
mrtukleton - initial development
Corrodias - time of day cycle stuff and general all around support and testing in group chat with almost everything
BadMadScientist - weapon level switching code, initial explosion attach code, and teleport coords
Pinnhead, shitface, and daven - teleport coordinates
gl2gz1 - integration of shitface's alt times of day
What about RetroGangster? She did not added nothing to Sandbox+?
Changelog said:
* 3 New Teleports by RetroGangster added (Saints HQ foyer from STAG Party mission, STAG offices from Nyteblade Returns, and Thermopylae interior from My Name is Cyrus Temple)

WOW! The Apocalypse of Saint John time of day is fucking G R E A T and E P I C! Now I can create fully Dominatrix climates! And, IdolNinja, can you add music from DLC missions? Like that epic music from third "The Trouble with Clones" mission? And teleports to DLC places?

WOW! The Apocalypse of Saint John time ofday is fucking G R E A T and E P I C! Now I can create fully Dominatrix climates! And, IdolNinja, can you add music from DLC missions? Like that epic music from third "The Trouble with Clones" mission?

If I can actually access it. Most DLC resources like that can't be accessed outside the missions (so far.)

lol, my firstthought was to use the holding out for a hero for the apocalypse thing , in fact it was what triggered me to decide to figure it out... then i was all overthought it, & felt like i wanted that song only cuz i Personally like it best & had it on my '80 favorites' playlist for years or whatever & being into music was all about the chord progressions makin u hyped up & love it when they use those 80's songs to drmatic effect, like heart & benatar & all that or whatever, & then i was all like nah, people will think thats too obvious & the fact i know im biased on using it, & this, that, & the other, & the whole time i had no idea it wasnt known already like that or whatever. i DID know the pre-loaded visual fx were an issue, THAT, i knew. but i wasnt aware the audio stuff was thought to be an issue or anything. im glad i didnt. if i had thought that u guys didn't know, i wouldnt have even looked. here i was all bein all fuckin artistic in my head of song choice, & HOLDING myself BACK from using Holdin for hero cuz thought it be obvious, lol. i wish i did it wih that now or somethe others i tested.

Thanks to fan of saints, i appreiate it. Oh & regarding about dlc mission music, u just mentioned it, the one on clones the 3rd mission, & the one on gangsat's space, the first mission - but Take 2 of the jump, were the 2 that i tried to get at the dlc banks & stuff form & couldnt. i extract the songs fine to my hard drive, but alot of good that does. but there's surely some key somewhere or somethingm, cuz the layout was the same, it asked if i wanted it preloaded or not. it just didn't listen for the dlc stuff.

Here's a quick proof of concept (lua attached) setting up the Mixx for on foot based on the last upload .47 build

There is a lot to do yet. I want to make these functions better than the current in-game radio. It's already got one huge advantage by letting the user go to the next track if he doesn't like the current song.

Here's what I have in mind:
* I want to create a monitoring thread that will advance the playlist once the track ends. Currently it just stops at the end of the song.
* I want to create a randomize function and custom mixtape. I will probably setup a bunch of booleans in the top of the script for each song and let the user choose true/false for each to see if they'll play in the randomized mixtape.
* I want to create a toggle for adding commercials and intros/outros so the player can choose to include them or not to play automatically in between songs
* I want to create a radio station with only commercials that will include every single one for each station

7+INSERT = Next Mixx track
7+DOWN = turn the radio off

EDIT:
If anyone wants to play around and add more tracks, you can find the names in the RADIO_SONGS section of misc_tables.vpp_pc\audio_syncs.xtbl

btw - It was mission 5 Party Time and the different way it played Kanye West - Power that gave me the clue I needed to figure out how to actually access the individual tracks from the correct audio bank. :)

Attachments

• sr3_city.lua
    216.1 KB · Views: 428
Welcome... in Dominatrix! :D
4A58BD9782AC4A5094E37D5B2302D4629F67A4DF

hey idol, glad i could check quick while on road, listen, when i had it on the toggle off being separate button it cuts a sound that u still have playing once i switch back to the regular tod. so im saying the "whir" or "drone" effect that i put for apocalypse is still playing after i leave, that shouldnt be. when i press 7 down to get out on original it takes me right to morning & kills the sound. so that by using separate button to "leave" it could end everything cuz otherwise it could stack on top of each other if that makes sense. in testing i would have 4 layers of a sound overlapping itself if it didnt cut off properly. i dont know how u do it if where it would toggle straight back by hitting any number of buttons to "leave" the tod, that would mean each would need to kill sound i would think & thats just impractical i would think. but maybe thats what u'd wanna do, i dunno, i just thought i'd mention cuz i noticed it right away.

Back