Sandbox+ for SRTT

Hmm, seems I found a bug, after all. :(

I now got the "Press (E) to store this vehicle in your garage" permanent on my screen, when selecting a vehicle from the helipad (see image below).

Not sure exactly how it happened. I made my Eagle invulnerable once, and then it said: "Your vehicle is now invulnerable!" So far, so good. Then I remapped melee key to M (F is a horrible choice for aircrafts, lol, as it sends em hurling off into flight mode). After that, M-HOME still works for invulnerability, but the above message is always on my screen when accessing the helipad (whether or not I use invulnerability or not). And it even persists when entering your crib! And it doesn't say "Your vehicle is now invulnerable!" any more (maybe because other message is usurping its place?).

Anyway, if someone knows how to fix this, I'd be most grateful! :)

fauxtext.jpg

Restart the game. Saints Row games are buggy with displaying messages and the HUD. Stuff like that simply happens for no rhyme or reason and it's often not a mod that causes it. In most cases a restart will fix. I would be interested if you can reproduce it after a restart.

Restart the game. Saints Row games are buggy with displaying messages and the HUD. Stuff like that simply happens for no rhyme or reason and it's often not a mod that causes it. In most cases a restart will fix. I would be interested if you can reproduce it after a restart.

My apologies to you for having wasted your time! I could have sworn I had restarted the game; but, in hindsight (happened early this morinng), I guess I just reloaded a savegame, instead (and the problem persisted).

Anyway, the problem is conpletely gone now after a restart. :)

My apologies to you for having wasted your time! I could have sworn I had restarted the game; but, in hindsight (happened early this morinng), I guess I just reloaded a savegame, instead (and the problem persisted).

Anyway, the problem is conpletely gone now after a restart. :)

Nope, I spoke too soon! :( The problem persists, and is *reproducible* -- I just didn't realize the proper conditions under which the error occurs. Everything goes well when I simply 'continue' on startup. But as soon as I load a savegame (*any*), I get the persistent 'store this vehicle in your garage' message again upon entering the heli-pad garage.

error.jpg

Would you try a fresh version of sr3_city.lua from the latest Sandbox+ without the edits you made changing keys around? I wonder if maybe it was something you did there that is causing this.

Would you try a fresh version of sr3_city.lua from the latest Sandbox+ without the edits you made changing keys around? I wonder if maybe it was something you did there that is causing this.

Already did that. :) Which is to say, I wound up not changing sr3_city.lua, after all, and decided to go with your advice to just get used to using Ctrl for Crouch. :) Just to be sure, I replaced it anyway, with a fresh copy, but to no avail.

I have the same problem coming up when I press some key on my keyboard while being in the garage. But that's the only problem I have with the hud. And if I reboot the game and load my save again the problem is gone.

I was able to reproduce the issue. It looks like what is happening is that anytime you are idling with a vehicle on a garage spot with that prompt (Press E to store blah blah) and you use a Sandbox+ command it will permanently freeze that message as part of the save. I will have to look into why that's happening, but in the meantime all you have to do to get rid of it is:
* Get out a vehicle from your garage
* Move the vehicle away from the trigger that prompts you to store it (the message will still be there)
* Use another Sandbox+ command to trigger a new message while still in the vehicle, for example G+INSERT will startup the on-foot radio for The Mixx. This will remove the other stuck hud message and the new one will disappear correctly.

In the future, simply don't use any Sandbox+ commands while you are on one of those garage storage trigger prompts and it shouldn't happen again.

No new sanbox+ messages will appear here when that prompt has shown up. Meh I don't care anyways, I use a gamepad, works better.

You have to specifically follow those steps above. i.e. You have to trigger an actual Press E to Store message while in a vehicle then move off the trigger and use a new Sandbox+ command like the radio one. I was able to get it to clear every time that way.

Back