Original Colors for Gang Customization

What does this mod do?
  • The gang styles in the Gang Customization menu are changed to their "original" colors so they're no longer all purple (according to their non-Saints variants)
  • ie. Saints cops will appear with their proper colors, no more purple cops

How does it work?
  • About half of the changes made involved simple edits to the 'Color Palette' entry of the gang styles to change the Saints color into the original color
  • ie. '<Color_Palette>NPC_Saints_Police</Color_Palette>' in 'npc_s_cop' was changed to '<Color_Palette>NPC_Police</Color_Palette>'
  • The other half of the changes made involved swapping out the entire character for the original, as the one listed in gang styles is a Saints variant of the original
  • ie. '<Character>saints_female_veras</Character>' in 'npc_s_ped_stripper02_fb' was changed to '<Character>saints_female_vera</Character>' (note the "s" at the end of 'vera', which show that it's the Saints variant)

Installation
  • Place the included .xbtl file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third"
Screenshots
saints colors.png
original colors.png

Attachments

• Original Gang Colors v1.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,798
Doesn't GPO already offer this as an option?

I think it is included in GPO in the "Color Shuffler" option, but I don't use GPO, so I'm not sure. Thanks for pointing that out. Will this cause any issue with my mod (ie. my mod being removed as GPO covers it, making my mod redundant)?

Let's see what encogen has to say about it.

So it's all of the original customization options but with NPC colours?
Well, GPO is about thematic replacements with customizable colours where applicable, so I guess it's not entirely the same thing.

It seems corrupted, on my PC files result to be 0 Kb

Just confirmed the download works fine, so it must be something on your end. Try using a different browser or clearing your browser cache.

Back