New police notoriety

Hello everyone,

I am working on a mod which will edit the police notoriety.

What exactly will change?
It will change the type of personell and vehicles that show up when you have archieved a certain police notoriety level as well as the amount of vehicles and the time it takes for more to arrive.
For example now the SWAT team will already come after the player at the notoriety level of 3 with the SWAT Eagle Helicopter and SWAT Lockdowns while at notoriety 4 the SWAT Tornado and the SWAT Bear will join in as well.

I also made some changes to the weapons they use and how they use them. For example the police officers will now use the Sheperd pistol. If you take a look at the police officers in SR TT you will notice that in their holster they have a Sheperd pistol though they use the Kobra pistols which I found a bit unlogical.

Other things about weapons also have been adjusted. For example police personell will now do triple the amount of damage they normally do. SWAT Riot Shielders will now also use the Tek Z10 SMG to shoot at you and SWAT members with AR 55s will now fire full automatic instead of in bursts which makes it much harder to survive against them.

Other stuff also has been changed. SWAT and SNG members will no longer flinch when you shoot at them. This means that when you hit one, he will remain stationairy and keep shooting at you. SWAT and SNG personell also can't no longer be taken hostage.

The roadblocks have also been tweaked. For example, certain notoriety level 2 roadblocks will have spike strips at one side of the road with a cop car standing on the other lane. Also, notoriety level 4 roadblocks will now have SWAT snipers in them and SWAT Bears which most of the time shoot at the player when approaching.

I also included a feature for those who own the Explosive Combat Pack DLC. I will include two downloads, one for the ones with and one for the ones without this DLC. The feature includes the SWAT using grenade launchers armed with flashbangs. (So basically an alternative to make the SWAT use flashbangs since except for dropping flashbangs, they never actually did use them outside of the mission 'When Good Heists Go Bad and the first mission of The Trouble With Clones)

How far am I?

Actually, its almost done, though there still are some bugs to be fixed. Here are some of the bug I still would like to fix before releasing:
- Atm there are no more soldiers spawning at Sierra Point except for the ones that show up because of the 3 star notoriety rating.
- Eagle helicopters sometimes drops of the SWAT team while in the air, resulting in all of them falling to their deads.
- Sometimes SWAT/SNG soldiers jumping out of the helicopter when hovering low above the ground die.
- When having notoriety 5 while on a motorcycle, normal police cars still appear.
- SWAT Lockdowns sometimes only have 1 SWAT member in them.
- Some other small bugs...

Well, they say a picture says thousand words so here are some:

0 Shields

A police helicopter flying over the city. You will see this every now and then.

Saints Row Notoriety Level 0 (1).png

Me standing near two police motorcycles who seem to have stopped the sports car. I did edit the pulled over cars you would sometimes see at the side of the road. You will no longer see two police cars behind a car but only one, like it is supposed to be.

Saints Row Notoriety Level 0 (2).png

1 Shield

A police officer at 1 shield trying to catch me in a foot pursuit. They will not shoot yet, you need to have 2 shields.

Saints Row Notoriety Level 1 (1).png

More non lethal force. I'm in a fist fight with the cop. Another cop has been knocked out and in the background you can see a copper ready to tase me.

Saints Row Notoriety Level 1 (2).png

What happens when you don't respect the law enforcers ;) a just tased me with another one ready to knock me out at the bottom left of the screenshot.

Saints Row Notoriety Level 1 (3).png

2 Shields

At 2 shields, the cops set up roadblocks like this one. At the right lane a police car blocking the road with two officer behind it and at the left lane spike strips.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 2 (1).png

Not all roadblocks have spike strips, like this one. Two police cars blocking the entire road with four officer behind them.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 2 (2).png

At 2 shields, more cops show up and they will use their Sheperd pistols to take you out. On the picture: me firing at two squad cars with a few officers ready to fire.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 2 (3).png

As you can see on the picture, at 2 shields, the police opressor helicopter will be send. At each side their is a gunner with a helmet who fires at you with a Kobra pistol and the driver also wears a helmet. When you are in an aircraft yourself you can have two of these chasing you at the same time.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 2 (4).png

3 Shields

At three shields SWAT joins the hunt. On the picture you can see a SWAT Lockdown van with a driver, passenger and two riot shield officers hanging at the side, chasing me while I am on a motorcycle.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 3 (4).png

The SWAT will use the Eagle helicopter to chase you and drop troops at the notoriety level of 3. In this case, while I'm in my Black Cyprus VTOL, they come with 2 because I'm airborne myself.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 3 (1).png

Cops and SWAT trying to kill me (I had invincibilty turned on ;p). You can see a motorcycle cop and a few regular cops near their squad cars shooting at me as well as a riot shield member. In the background you can see a roadblock of two SWAT vans with a third van that has stopped between them and an SWAT Eagle dropping of more troops behind that. Swat the hell!

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 3 (2).png

SWAT will use flashbangs for those with the Explosive Combat Pack DLC.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 3 (3).png

4 Shields

The SWAT Tornado shows up at 4 shields. Its a real pain in the ass with its minigun and rockets.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (2).png

At 4 shields the cops will send every unit after you. You will constantly be chased by multiple cop cars like on the picture. The SWAT Tornado also follows and fires at you during a pursuit.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (3).png

SWAT shows up on jetski's and police commanders when you try to get away in the water.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (5).png

The Black Unmarked Peacemaker police car now is used by the SWAT and only when the player has notoriety 4. It carrys 4 SWAT officers, just like on the right side of the picture.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (1).png

The navy blue marked SWAT Bear APC now is also send after the player. It will fire its gun at you and when near, four SWAT members jump out of the back.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (6).png

A typical notoriety 4 roadblock. It has pieces of concrete, snipers and gunmen with AR55s and a SWAT Bear which will fire its gun at you. On the picture there are also two black unmarked squad cars and two SWAT Lockdowns standing next to the two Bears.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 4 (4).png

5 Shields

Lots of military, as suspected, with Bulldogs, Bears, Challengers, Armed Eagles, Tornado's, Vultures and Commanders.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 5 (5).png

Another picture which shows the SNG forces.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 5 (4).png

Military roadblocks also are being reinforced by concrete pieces of wall, Bears and Challenger Tanks. There are also a bunch of soldiers standing at each roadblock. On the pick you can see a roadblock with 4 Bears (2 are destroyed) and 2 challengers. There is also a soldier with an RPG in front of the tanks.
Saints Row The Third Notoriety 5 (3).png

The military deploys Armed Eagels instead of the original normal SNG Eagles and also the SNG tornado helicopter as well as SNG Commanders Ships. Three vehicles which in the vanilla were unused by the military except for certain missions.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 5 (1).png

Expect more helicopters while being in the air. Instead of the original two it can go up to four helicopters. In the picture the SNG has deployed 2 SNG Tornado's and 2 SNG Vultures.

Saints Row The Third Notoriety 5 (2).png

EDIT: Damn, for some reason the pictures won't show. You will have to right click on the icon and select: open picture in new tab. ;)

Hello everyone,

I am working on a mod which will edit the police notoriety.

What exactly will change?
It will change the type of personell and vehicles that show up when you have archieved a certain police notoriety level as well as the amount of vehicles and the time it takes for more to arrive.
For example now the SWAT team will already come after the player at the notoriety level of 3 with the SWAT Eagle Helicopter and SWAT Lockdowns while at notoriety 4 the SWAT Tornado and the SWAT Bear will join in as well.

I also made some changes to the weapons they use and how they use them. For example the police officers will now use the Sheperd pistol. If you take a look at the police officers in SR TT you will notice that in their holster they have a Sheperd pistol though they use the Kobra pistols which I found a bit unlogical.

Other things about weapons also have been adjusted. For example police personell will now do triple the amount of damage they normally do. SWAT Riot Shielders will now also use the Tek Z10 SMG to shoot at you and SWAT members with AR 55s will now fire full automatic instead of in bursts which makes it much harder to survive against them.

Other stuff also has been changed. SWAT and SNG members will no longer flinch when you shoot at them. This means that when you hit one, he will remain stationairy and keep shooting at you. SWAT and SNG personell also can't no longer be taken hostage.

The roadblocks have also been tweaked. For example, certain notoriety level 2 roadblocks will have spike strips at one side of the road with a cop car standing on the other lane. Also, notoriety level 4 roadblocks will now have SWAT snipers in them and SWAT Bears which most of the time shoot at the player when approaching.

I also included a feature for those who own the Explosive Combat Pack DLC. I will include two downloads, one for the ones with and one for the ones without this DLC. The feature includes the SWAT using grenade launchers armed with flashbangs. (So basically an alternative to make the SWAT use flashbangs since except for dropping flashbangs, they never actually did use them outside of the mission 'When Good Heists Go Bad and the first mission of The Trouble With Clones)

How far am I?

Actually, its almost done, though there still are some bugs to be fixed. Here are some of the bug I still would like to fix before releasing:
- Atm there are no more soldiers spawning at Sierra Point except for the ones that show up because of the 3 star notoriety rating.
- Eagle helicopters sometimes drops of the SWAT team while in the air, resulting in all of them falling to their deads.
- Sometimes SWAT/SNG soldiers jumping out of the helicopter when hovering low above the ground die.
- When having notoriety 5 while on a motorcycle, normal police cars still appear.
- SWAT Lockdowns sometimes only have 1 SWAT member in them.
- Some other small bugs...

Well, they say a picture says thousand words so here are some:

0 Shields

A police helicopter flying over the city. You will see this every now and then.

Me standing near two police motorcycles who seem to have stopped the sports car. I did edit the pulled over cars you would sometimes see at the side of the road. You will no longer see two police cars behind a car but only one, like it is supposed to be.

SaintsRowNotorietyLevel02_zps4bdb8274.png.html

1 Shield

A police officer at 1 shield trying to catch me in a foot pursuit. They will not shoot yet, you need to have 2 shields.

SaintsRowNotorietyLevel12_zps8ef0f18d.png.html

More non lethal force. I'm in a fist fight with the cop. Another cop has been knocked out and in the background you can see a copper ready to tase me.

What happens when you don't respect the law enforcers ;) a just tased me with another one ready to knock me out at the bottom left of the screenshot.

SaintsRowNotorietyLevel11_zps49b19cce.png.html

2 Shields

At 2 shields, the cops set up roadblocks like this one. At the right lane a police car blocking the road with two officer behind it and at the left lane spike strips.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety21_zpsef350d9f.png.html

Not all roadblocks have spike strips, like this one. Two police cars blocking the entire road with four officer behind them.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety23_zps35add2b7.png.html

At 2 shields, more cops show up and they will use their Sheperd pistols to take you out. On the picture: me firing at two squad cars with a few officers ready to fire.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety22_zpseaac2ab3.png.html

As you can see on the picture, at 2 shields, the police opressor helicopter will be send. At each side their is a gunner with a helmet who fires at you with a Kobra pistol and the driver also wears a helmet. When you are in an aircraft yourself you can have two of these chasing you at the same time.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety24_zpsef9f43cf.png.html

3 Shields

At three shields SWAT joins the hunt. On the picture you can see a SWAT Lockdown van with a driver, passenger and two riot shield officers hanging at the side, chasing me while I am on a motorcycle.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety34_zps1a377de1.png.html

The SWAT will use the Eagle helicopter to chase you and drop troops at the notoriety level of 3. In this case, while I'm in my Black Cyprus VTOL, they come with 2 because I'm airborne myself.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety31_zps9c252032.png.html

Cops and SWAT trying to kill me (I had invincibilty turned on ;p). You can see a motorcycle cop and a few regular cops near their squad cars shooting at me as well as a riot shield member. In the background you can see a roadblock of two SWAT vans with a third van that has stopped between them and an SWAT Eagle dropping of more troops behind that. Swat the hell!

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety32_zpseab414c2.png.html

SWAT will use flashbangs for those with the Explosive Combat Pack DLC.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety33_zps255a451f.png.html

4 Shields

The SWAT Tornado shows up at 4 shields. Its a real pain in the ass with its minigun and rockets.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety42_zpsb0c9005a.png.html

At 4 shields the cops will send every unit after you. You will constantly be chased by multiple cop cars like on the picture. The SWAT Tornado also follows and fires at you during a pursuit.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety43_zpsdeb31a9b.png.html

SWAT shows up on jetski's and police commanders when you try to get away in the water.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety45_zpsff305ea1.png.html

The Black Unmarked Peacemaker police car now is used by the SWAT and only when the player has notoriety 4. It carrys 4 SWAT officers, just like on the right side of the picture.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety44_zps8f53d744.png.html

The navy blue marked SWAT Bear APC now is also send after the player. It will fire its gun at you and when near, four SWAT members jump out of the back.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety46_zps94758fda.png.html

A typical notoriety 4 roadblock. It has pieces of concrete, snipers and gunmen with AR55s and a SWAT Bear which will fire its gun at you. On the picture there are also two black unmarked squad cars and two SWAT Lockdowns standing next to the two Bears.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety41_zpsddea6cb0.png.html

5 Shields

Lots of military, as suspected, with Bulldogs, Bears, Challengers, Armed Eagles, Tornado's, Vultures and Commanders.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety53_zpsb6e3be4c.png.html

Another picture which shows the SNG forces.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety54_zps4928330d.png.html

Military roadblocks also are being reinforced by concrete pieces of wall, Bears and Challenger Tanks. There are also a bunch of soldiers standing at each roadblock. On the pick you can see a roadblock with 4 Bears (2 are destroyed) and 2 challengers. There is also a soldier with an RPG in front of the tanks.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety55_zpsf2ec071f.png.html

The military deploys Armed Eagels instead of the original normal SNG Eagles and also the SNG tornado helicopter as well as SNG Commanders Ships. Three vehicles which in the vanilla were unused by the military except for certain missions.

SaintsRowTheThirdNotoriety51_zpsb86bc4a9.png.html

Expect more helicopters while being in the air. Instead of the original two it can go up to four helicopters. In the picture the SNG has deployed 2 SNG Tornado's and 2 SNG Vultures.

EDIT: Damn, for some reason the pictures won't show. You will have to right click on the icon and select: open picture in new tab. ;)
Try just uploading the images to the forum - you can still show them inline.

I finally managed to upload all pictures perfectly ;) Tell me what you think, I hope you like it, been spending almost 6 months by now studying and editing the game files. Really fun now, can make whatever I want. I once made a martial law mod which includes SNG soldiers patrolling all over town and more and I might also create a mod in which police will only use melee, for those who like fist combat ;)

Some of the pictures are outdated though but most of it still matches as it is now.

Many more bugs have been fixed as well, hooray, though I'm still countering a few more, but that shouldn't take to long to solve.

I will release it asap, when I feel its completely done.

PS: Thanks you Minimaul for telling me to upload them on the forum, Corrodias for showing me how to and IdolNinja for answering some of the questions I asked in threads about the notoriety.

What a few XTBLs can change. Very very neat mod, I'm definitely going to use this mod when it's ready. :)

What about STAG notoriety? There are some unused N-Forcer variants to use.
If the mod is released, I'll download it surely as well. :D

What about STAG notoriety? There are some unused N-Forcer variants to use.
If the mod is released, I'll download it surely as well. :D

Stag its notoriety also has been adapted, but not as spectacular as the police notoriety. The point of the mod is not to enable all unused police vehicle variants, but to make the police more challenging as well as make it feel more finished, because the original notoriety had quite a lot of bugs.

What I will do is, making the STAG boats appear, because though they are in the game files, they never appear in the game. Some other STAG changes are no more SWAT while STAG is active and only STAG commando's at 5 shields.

I am thinking of releasing the mod the way it is now and then release updates to fix bugs or add new stuff once needed. Right now, before releasing, I just need to fix one more bug concerning the game crashing when the player attains a Luchadore notoriety level. I refuse to release with that bug still active ^^

The mod will be released after that.

But about the black cars being used by the swat, I would make new characters and recall those to SFI or something... swats don't fit in those cars in my opinion... Your choice though.

good idea dude, I definitely download this when it comes up, I just downloaded the new gangs in the city and with new law enforcement notoriety is going to be great refresh for this game

Personally I think only the NG rifle and the police shotgun fits the swat, and then the Gang rifle for the NG, but we'll see what the author will do...
EDIT: I wonder what files are exactly used. The characters seem to be the same, and so are the color palettes, I wonder if it will be compatible with further versions of A new Enemy in Town.
I mean Shield Corporation gets notoriety spawns too if it all works out well, and they'll show up in vtols and jet bikes and stag tanks. Too bad there aren't more tools because otherwise I made a Knightmare frame for them.

Back