Jedi mod

Jedi mod
ver. 3.0

v2_jedi_mod.jpg

Babbling
I've been trying to mod a lighstaber into SRTT for quite some time and it seems that I finally managed to get one that looks (and works) decent enough. Keep in mind though that SRTT's engine is very restraining when it comes to modding and creating a straightforward lighstaber clone stands next to impossible. My counterpart, for example, has this weird halo-like thing attached to the blade that's impossible to remove as of yet (to be fair, at first I was going to scrap the whole weapon just because of this glitch but then I somehow started to like it: it gave that weapon a cheesy, b-movie rip-off feel ;)). Otherwise weapon features that nice, warm buzzing sound while swinging. Try it out by yourself.

Secondly, the mod leaves a basic Force Push at your disposal. Just throw an electric grenade. I strongly recommend to embrace yourself with "No ragdoll from explosions perk" in the first place so you don't accidentsally force-push yourself away (just like in Star Wars, you have to be at certain level of training to properly use Force, isn't that true, young Padawan?)

Thirdly, there is a toy laser gun - another half-broken, cheap-looking BadMadScientist's contraption that replaces the stun gun. It was supposed to pay homage to Gangstas in Space DLC ( <3 ), so it shoots laser beams and it's prone to overheating. When it comes to visuals it looks like a RPG grenade attached to the stungun's tip a retro sci-fi gun prop. Note, that the screenshot below was taken with gameqube's Decker's weapon texture pack (which you can download here) to make it look less boring more like a toy/movie prop than in vanilla. The problem with this weapon is that RPG attachement falls from it's initial place after you switch to a different melee weapon (via crib's cache) and then go back to the laser gun.
v3_jedi_mod_laser.jpg

Finally, mod comes with an immolated baseball bat (just an eye-candy, since setting other NPCs on fire seems to be impossible and would out-balance the melee weapons anyway) and gives a Nocturne lighstaber effect as well (in case somebody prefers it that way).

Bonus
"On-off blade" folder holds two files responsible for the alternative version of a lightsaber. This one - unlike "standard" one - deactivates it's blade after few seconds of idle. Blade goes off somehow too fast but it's still a nice touch IMO. Saves a hell of battery life, for sure.

Installation
  1. Unpack the archive.
  2. Move unpacked XTBL files to Saints Row The Third main folder (for example: C:\steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third).
  3. Overwrite previously existing file if asked; keep in mind that mods that were using overwrited files will most probably bug out.
  4. In crib's weapon cache, select a flashbang (it's a melee weapon now).
  5. Use the Force, Boss.
Merging with other mods
Yeah, I know what you think right now. You'll loose all of your fancy weapon mods! If that's the case, refer to how_to_merge.txt file inside the ZIP file for clear & straighforward instructions. Seriously, you can merge this thing into any other mod by yourself in something like 3 (THREE) seconds. No programming skills and no additional software required. If you can use a Notepad, then you can merge them sucesfully.

Also please note that this mod is intended for aftermath gameplay only. It hasn't been tested in missions (most of them should work though). It hasn't been tested in multiplayer as well.

Credits
- Lenankamp for creating "Quick Super Power Mod" - the code was really helpfull.
- Gameqube for helping out with textures - hopefully there's one responsible for that stupid hanging glare.

Changelog
03-11-2012 - ver. 1.0 - Hello world!
05-11-2012 - ver. 2.0 - Blade that actually works (I hope!) + bonus feature
25-11-2012 - ver. 3.0 - Toy laser gun is in

Attachments

• jedi-mod-3_0-BMS.zip
    149.5 KB · Views: 6,841
By your example I experimented with other weapons. Not bad it turned out. Excuse me for my English.

Attachments

• Оружие безумия.JPG
    Оружие безумия.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 2,029
Back