Fixing the coward civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
NOTE: Shitface has taken this concept and my original files (with my blessing) and created something far beyond what I had hoped to achieve with it. Everyone should check out his NPC behavior and spawn mod if they are interested in this thread. It's amazing:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/npc-behaviour-and-spawn-mod.766/

One of the things I miss the most from SR2 was the crazy emergent behavior of civilians. In Sr2 you could just stand on a corner and watch mayhem ensue. There was always something new to see; an old lady pulls out a baseball bat and beats up a cop, a junkie steals someone's car (maybe even yours,) a pileup in the intersection with everyone blaring their horns, etc.

In SRTT it seems that all npcs flee or cower at even the slightest hint of violence. Fire a gun and everyone runs. Hit a car and the owner goes tearing off screaming. While this may be closer to real life, it certainly is a lot less interesting.

What I've done so far is to change npc spawn rank to be much more aggressive. I went totally over the top and made each civilian act like rival gang members by setting all npc civilians spawn rank to "gang offensive" and also to add only that personality to the rotation. I watched civs get into car accidents and pull the other driver out of his car and beat him with a bat. I saw businessmen pulling handguns and shooting at cops if they got hit in a crossfire. I even saw pissed off old ladies tazing EVERYONE.

It was glorious.

It's also a bit too much. I need to to tone it down a bit and find a good balance. My next step is back things way off and limit that kind of super aggressive behavior to maybe 10-20% of the time. This should put it more in line with sr2 and result in some surprising and memorable emergent psychopathic behavior. :D

EDIT:
I also plan on slightly lowering the amount of notoriety you get for killing civilians. It currently seems a bit ridiculous to get an immediate 2 shields just for shooting a few people.

THAT is a GREAT idea im so looking forward to it... and.. do you think u could fix the stupid npc drivers that go... zigzaging on the road like idiots for no reason?.. or.. maby make it so for a while.. whatever seems the best to u good luck with it :>

The zigzagers are supposed to be drunk is my take on it.
I have a mod that makes them aggressive but i don't remember where i found it.
Makes things more fun,they will also fight the cops.

Hey this sounds awesome cant wait to see what you release. I was just toying with the values and it was chaotic. I was doing my normal driving routine, you know ramming cars out of the way, and to my surprise I had a couple cars chase me down in anger. Sadly they did not last long as I had the gang plus one mod installed. Perhaps give them higher health(if you use that mod) and a chance to spawn with a rocket launcher? I also tried turning the police into cowards but that did not work, as imagined, probably to many arguments against that..though they would drive off in a panicky matter when shot at only to turn and come back...

I gave them a bit more hitpoints.No fun if they die in one punch.
Don't know why i haven't looked at this file for a while.

Sounds hilarious. I can't wait to try the result here. If you can, test it with Mascots cheat enabled, to see if it alters them too. It could
be fun to have Mascots carrying on like lunatics too, within reason. Maybe it would be on a scale of potential mayhem via plugins.

I had downloaded that mod (I forget the posters name just now) the other day that allows you to call 2 'new' homies on the cell. Ms Brutina and
a sidekick.
The first time I ran it Brutella went on a rampage when they arrived, randomly beating the hell out of peds and just carrying on like a total ass.
She settled down after a couple minutes.

However, I"VE NOT been able to duplicate that behavior. It is a mystery to me why that mod behaved that way on the first load.
In that case, it was truly hilarious cause that major ape can actually toss cars around. MUHAHA.
I am using GangPlusOne options mixed with Gandalfs gang crew mod with tweaks I had to add . Perhaps something goofy managed to sneak in on
one edit but exactly what I dont' know.
Sadly, she's just a normal homie now again, not a random rampager.

well i didnt knew the zigzagers r drunk XD lol how could i miss that, but maby can u make em atlist drive faster? XD it drives me nuts when im trying to cut them without scratch the car lol
and ooo.. u can make em aggresive :eek: sounds coowel id like that lol

well i didnt knew the zigzagers r drunk XD lol how could i miss that, but maby can u make em atlist drive faster? XD it drives me nuts when im trying to cut them without scratch the car lol
and ooo.. u can make em aggresive :eek: sounds coowel id like that lol
It's not my mod to upload but i'm sure IdolNinja's will be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back