Fixed Giant Planes Handling

So this mod increases the fov for flying the giant planes, it also comes with using the sounds from the snipes 57 and a few other tweaks like changes on speed, hitpoints etc.

Extract the included xtbl files to your srtt install folder with the exe:
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\

2efiy6x.jpg

To fly giant planes, you need the Rare Vehicle Cheats and the Sandbox+ mods.

Get to Saints HQ and cheat yourself the Planes using the codes 'givelorenjet' For Steelport Airlines A36 or 'givestagjet' for STAG Valkyrie. Then you can also cheat 'vroom' or enter the Key combo 'CTRL + PGUP' for indestructible vehicles.

enter the helipad and choose one of your cheated plane (note: sometimes it says there isn't enough space, in this case teleport to saints HQ and try again). while in the plane, teleport yourself to cyberblazing above track using the combo 'Z + LEFT'.
Now you should be able to see your plane and can fly around.
------------------------------------------------
v1.1 Changes
In Airplane mode
-planes actually fly straight and dont have a pitch to sink
-the plane handles much slower giving the feeling of an heavy transporter instead of some paperplane
In Hover mode
-planes only move forward very slow when entering hover mode (cant make it stop flying forward, also ability to move bachwards is missing, i tried everything -.-)
Others
-increased hitpoints (Note: if any modder knows hot to give a vehicle unlimited hitpoints by using a flag or something, then let me know)
-disable camera shakes for vehicles hitting world to dont let the camera freak out by hitting something (Important: this is active for all vehicles)
------------------------------------------------
Note: the planes have the vtol class, so you can switch modes using hovering-, or airplane mode.

EDIT: i was bored so i made the name bitmaps, feel free to mod them in your game
24m8c9i.png

2dtdvr9.png

Attachments

• Giant Planes Handling Mod v.1.1.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 13,699
Very nice work on this!

Time for some feedback.
These planes are enormous, we know it. Flying them through Steelport is a nightmare. Also, when they collide with anything, the camera begins to shake as f_ck. I've done Convoy Decoy mission and I think I noticed that AWACS plane was a little faster than usual. Aeroplanes are so light that they can do multiple barrel rolls with ease. Finally, I landed it on some buildings and it turned into a big black mess in a split second.

Time for some feedback.
These planes are enormous, we know it. Flying them through Steelport is a nightmare. Also, when they collide with anything, the camera begins to shake as f_ck. I've done Convoy Decoy mission and I think I noticed that AWACS plane was a little faster than usual. Aeroplanes are so light that they can do multiple barrel rolls with ease. Finally, I landed it on some buildings and it turned into a big black mess in a split second.
Thanks for the feedback Shao, i took care of most things you mentioned in v1.1, please try it out and give me feedbacks, those are very important to me ;)
the awac from convoy decoy mission seems normal to me, maybe others can check the speed of the awac and give feedback?

The black mess thing:

Just a wreckage.

Also, the feedback:
Aeroplanes still seem too light for me. My camera still goes wild after hitting something. I didn't test hitpoints matter - I use "vroom" cheat anyway. ;P
I have a request, you could change their names to all uppercase - this way it'll look more official:

STEELPORT AIRLINES A36 instead of Steelport Airlines A36 etc.

The black mess thing:

Just a wreckage.

Also, the feedback:
Aeroplanes still seem too light for me. My camera still goes wild after hitting something. I didn't test hitpoints matter - I use "vroom" cheat anyway. ;P
I have a request, you could change their names to all uppercase - this way it'll look more official:

STEELPORT AIRLINES A36 instead of Steelport Airlines A36 etc.
Like this?

Attachments

• plane_giant02_veh.xtbl
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,584
  • plane_giant01_veh.xtbl
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,454
Back