It only works on replay. The first time you play the mission it will not work. What happens is that on replay you get a gate to choose from at the start. One of the choices will teleport you outside with the suit and all the attack animations.

Yeah, I did the mission a while back. Thing is, I just did the replay, and it had me go through the entire mission again, and I got the same deal as with the first time: Picked a gate, mission ends, and I get set back outside Kinzi's place as my normal self. Am I missing something else?

UPDATE:
Just tried the replay a second time, and it works now. Thanks!

Here's a version I modified a while back to make it much more fun. This version removes all the screen effects, HUD text, and markers from avatar rampage mode, and enables radar and notoriety. Now you can fight the cops or other gangs as the avatar! Using this mod with my weapons mod is highly recommended, as it contains lots of tweaks to the avatar weapons, which are quite feeble in vanilla SR3.

How to install:

Drop the file here:

(Your Gentlemen of Steelport folder)/optional_mod_stuff/sr3_city_0.vpp.pc/avatar_rampage

Overwrite the file (m16_modal) that's currently in there, and then open up GoS and build a new patch with avatar rampage selected along with your other mods. Avatar rampage can be found inside category #8 in the GoS menu. After installing GoS, start the "deckers.die" mission, and go to Kinzie's place.

Bugs/issues:
-If the avatar falls into water, weird things will happen with your weapons. You'll have to restart the mission if you go into the water by accident.

Updated 1/26/2013: Updated to version 4: Added the door choice system back in.

2012-03-26_00001.jpg 2012-03-26_00002.jpg

Attachments

29 KB · Views: 4,449
Hi, I'm new here (which I'm sure is evident by post count and my name not being on these forums prior to now ^.^)
Kinda felt compelled to sign in after seeing this mod, as I'd been talking to a friend about how much fun rampaging through the city as this avatar would be. I haven't downloaded any mods for the game yet, but because of this I now will. However, one can't help but feel Volition missed a trick by not allowing the avatar as a special 'vehicle' in the Saint's garage, or even as a delivery service like the ball of yarn.
Of course I know it's not a vehicle, but it would have been quit a cool thing to have been able to contact Kinzie and get her to, somehow, bring the thing into the real world for you. She did it with the guns, after all. It's also certainly less insane than the giant green tank, the hand-cannon, shark shotgun, squid gun, etc, but I also feel it's just as fitting within the game world as all of them. :)

Anyway, take care :).

I love the idea of this mod; it's something that I've been wanting since I first plays SR3, but I'm having an issue with this mod. The mod is installed (I think) in the root directory, both files re-writing the original files given by the Mission Replay mod. Thing is, I do the mission, and complete it, and I'm just my normal self after the mission. Am I missing something? Or do I need to complete the game first to get the mod to work?
I have the same problem , but even after a second replay time , i still have the same problem.
Help please.
(sorry bad english )
PS:i install the mod with GoS
EDIT:The v1 work but the v2 and the v2 shitface not work.
Explication?

I have the same problem , but even after a second replay time , i still have the same problem.
Help please.
(sorry bad english )
PS:i install the mod with GoS
EDIT:The v1 work but the v2 and the v2 shitface not work.
Explication?

Please read the instructions in my post carefully when you install the mod. Are you putting it into the right GoS folder, and building a new patch afterwards?

hay bud ur v2 and v3 dont work iv tried them both but the v1 works just fine please try to fix it well if u can

Back