Vehicle Camera First Person Mod by quantumsingularity86

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
quantumsingularity86 released this youtube video that many of us are excited about:

I've been in private contact and asked him to join the community here, but he is extremely busy right now with work and doesn't have the time to get involved. He has sent me the mod though and asked me to host it here so that everyone can enjoy it. He may also join up later once things settle down for him. If there are any issues with the mod, I think it would be best to direct them here in this thread where we can all troubleshoot rather than burdening him with it.

readme said:
*Saints Row The Third - vehicle camera mod v0.2 by quantumsingularity86

- This mod enables toggle FPS/TPS camera in cars, bikes, boats, and helicopters.

- To toggle camera, press "RS" button (XBOX360 controller) or "Zoom (toggle)" key (keyboard).

*INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

- If you want to play Airplanes and VTOLs with TPS ONLY camera
Copy files from "Ver.1 (airplane & vtol TPS)" folder to "saints row the third" folder.

- If you want to play Airplanes and VTOLs with FPS ONLY camera
Copy files from "Ver.2 (airplane & vtol FPS)" folder to "saints row the third" folder.

*UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

- Delete installed files.

*NOTE

- This mod not support Airplanes, VTOLS, and DLC vehicles.

- If you locked camera in wrong direction, tap "Look behind" or "Drift" will reset camera.

- Some control schemes changed.

1. XBOX360 controller
Toggle camera: RS
Horn : LS iconflicts Nitroj
Fine aim : RS
Power melee attack : RS
Weapon melee : LT
Kill shield : LS

2. Keyboard
You have to set "Secondary fire" or "Fine aim" command other key. (default : secondary mouse)
You can toggle vehicle camera with "Zoom (toggle)" command. (default : undefined)

Sorry for my English :)

Attachments

• SR3_fpv_by_quantumsingularity86.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 56,279
Thanks, just tried the dlc vehicles and the genki girls ones are still missing it, both nightblade vehicles and the genki cannon worked great :D

k, Just tried out the new version, I noticed with the genki girl solar and the boogie bus the windows need to be tinted down if your gonna use them first person, they are black by default so you cant see anything, also noticed the genki mobile and the gat mobile have the pointing handgun animation if you goto first person, even though you cant equip a handgun, genki cannon dosent have this problem. Also you cant see anything when driving the gat mobile in first person.

Will post back if i notice anything else.

Add the Dekker solar and the Luchadore compensator and bulldog to those with black windscreens.

Just noticed if I run this with the lowered cruise control hud mod then the cruise control hud vanishes completely ingame, the cruise control works but just no hud, its the same in both 3rd and 1st person cameras.

Something strange with the Blade, even though the windscreen is transparent this seems to happen: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/470863048428605559/5A3B747F8E9A43D4CB1BF3EDFBB74AFD784CEC29/

Just a quick bump to see if anyone else has the cruise contol or blade issues, or if its just me.

Great mod! The only problem I find is that we have to change the "Secondary fire" key binding. Any other possible keys you could use?

*Edit*
Any ways you can snap the camera into the player's head while driving?

Back